Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 19, 2005, 4:59 PM   #1

Need to know the correct filter size for the FZ-15 and will it screw into the area where the lens cap goes or will the ring have to be removed and/or the lens shade holder be attached for a filter to be attached? I have some Cokin Filters and would like to use them on this camera but need to know what adapter sizes etc. Thanks for any help.
BigTBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:16 PM   #2

BigTBird wrote:
Quote:
Need to know the correct filter size for the FZ-15 and will it screw into the area where the lens cap goes or will the ring have to be removed and/or the lens shade holder be attached for a filter to be attached? I have some Cokin Filters and would like to use them on this camera but need to know what adapter sizes etc. Thanks for any help.
The ring has to be removed and the filter adapter has to be put on to attach a 72mm filter.. Before running and buying 72mm filters however, look here.. (ignore the last few posts of it though).

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...62&forum_id=23

You would be much better off with one of the aftermarket adapters that'll drop you down to about a 62mm (much less expensive than 72mm). I have a Phayee and the problem shown in the above thread is gone.

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:23 PM   #3

Try looking thru this. You don't need to type so large and yellow bigbird, it hurts my eyes:?
http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 7:05 PM   #4

jsiladi: Thanks for the info. I had already found the 72mm size and that it attached to the ring just before I got your reply. But appreciate it. However, I already have the Cokin series A filters and wish to use them if possible so have ordered used Series P holders (which fit a 72mm lens) and and adaptor that makes the A filter fit the P holder. Will try that route and if not successful that is why eBay exists I guess. :-) I did read the thread you had. Thanks again.

Old Feb 19, 2005, 7:09 PM   #5

nooner: Sorry about your eyes...maybe some sun glasses would help? :? Was my first attempt at posting here and screwed it up a bit. Sorry. Not sure how it came out that large but lost the white when I looked at the colors and then could not get back to white. But I'll learn. Took alook at your url suggestion. Appreciate it. Also see my reply to the other post. Thanks again.