Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 21, 2005, 6:06 AM   #21

Interesting tool Nick. I still get rid of excess barrel distortion using free transform and skew in ps. Am I working too hard doing it this way? I haven't downloaded the pana tool, and am wondering if it's just a select and click solution, or if there's some work involved like the method I've been using. Thanks for the info...thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:05 AM   #22

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
********* Interesting tool Nick. I still get rid of excess barrel distortion using free transform and skew in ps. Am I working too hard doing it this way? I haven't downloaded the pana tool, and am wondering if it's just a select and click solution, or if there's some work involved like the method I've been using. Thanks for the info...thekman.
Oh, way easier than using skew. Follow the tutorial on DP review. It will take a little trial and error to get it right the first time, but it saves the numeric settings and after that alls it takes is a mouse click to bring up the filter, and a mouse click to apply it.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 3:54 PM   #23

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Interesting tool Nick. I still get rid of excess barrel distortion using free transform and skew in ps. Am I working too hard doing it this way? I haven't downloaded the pana tool, and am wondering if it's just a select and click solution, or if there's some work involved like the method I've been using. Thanks for the info...thekman.
Oh, way easier than using skew. Follow the tutorial on DP review. It will take a little trial and error to get it right the first time, but it saves the numeric settings and after that alls it takes is a mouse click to bring up the filter, and a mouse click to apply it.

Nick & Nooner, I downloaded the Panotools for PS today and installed them on my Elements 2.0 (not 3.0 as I thought). However, I didn't have any Pics to play with (that have barrel distortion) to see how it works:sad:.Nick, would it be ok if I capture the two photos above so I can play with the settings in Pano? Thanks, Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:26 PM   #24

ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
However, I didn't have any Pics to play with (that have barrel distortion) to see how it works:sad:.*Nick, would it be ok if I capture the two photos above so I can play with the settings in Pano? * Thanks, Gerry
My goodness, no need to ask with anything I post here. Go right (click) ahead.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 2:29 PM   #25

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
However, I didn't have any Pics to play with (that have barrel distortion) to see how it works:sad:.Nick, would it be ok if I capture the two photos above so I can play with the settings in Pano? Thanks, Gerry
My goodness, no need to ask with anything I post here. Go right (click) ahead.

Nick, downloaded pics, andthe filter works in elements! Thanks to you and nooner, Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote