Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:33 PM   #1

Hi all,

I appreciate everyone's feedback so far! I don't want anyone to think I'm just throwing up every shot I get -- I've just been so excited andimpressed with this camera!

Here is my first attempt at a panorama. I used the bundled Panorama Maker 3 included with the camera. I was impressed with the ease of use and the results of the program!!!

Thanks in advance for your comments and critique!
Attached Images

smilez03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:46 PM   #2

very good,well done, over such a wide angle skys can be a problem because of varying intensity over field of view.
Looks as tho' you used a tripod, hand held can work too,
I always use 1/3 overlap and keep camera plumb.
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:48 PM   #3

It's an interesting pano :arrow:

What I find usefull for the looong one's, is to use vertical shots, to get a'higher' band. Use a tripod if you can, to prevent vertical variation -> less cropping. Some programs can't handle barrel distortion too well, so if you shoot at the wide angle end of the camere, make sure to have enough overlapping. If the lighting allows, use manual settings and lock the exposure. If this will cause over/underexposure in some parts, adjust exp, but make sure it isn't too abrupt, so you won't get strange lightspots in the end result.

For this one: It would have been nice if the buildings on the right were completely in the shot as well; if the wideangle end doesn't make it, just shoot another row above the 1st

Cheers! GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:34 PM   #4

boyzo, This was hand-held, still researching for the right tripod.

gb, thanks for all the detailed help -- that info will definitely come in handy!!! This was a VERY sunny day and everything was just SO bright, I was worried about overexposure. Im guessing on a cloudy day, panoramas are a lot easier!

THANKS
Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:42 PM   #5

Goodwork. Flows very nicley. I would like to have seen more of the skyline to the right. Obviously you couldn't get that in and the lake too which is done just right. Oneoption is to frame the shotsvertically and stich them that way. At any rate, it's a very nice panorama. Take some more of Central Park and the skyline. Excellent pano subject.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 12:10 AM   #6

i'm definitely going to shoot vertical next time... perhaps tomorrow morning I can't stop using this camera!

I'm also impressed by the SanDisk Ultra II card. No waiting for anything... I'm glad I spent a little extra money!