Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 20, 2005, 11:36 AM   #1
GJ

HI....I need to know the name or names of a company where we can purchase our first digital. Looking for a FZ20 in black. B&H are sold out and they're on back order. I am afraid to order from some of these companies. Would like this camera for an Alaskan Cruise. HELP.......G.J.

email: [email protected]
GJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2005, 12:00 PM   #2

http://techbargains.pricegrabber.com...=dmc-fz20/fd=1
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 12:01 PM   #3

cant go wrong with Circuit City. got mine there last friday:idea:idea, if you're going to buy it from there, pay it online and pick it up. you'll save $60-72
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 12:47 PM   #4

Are you in NYC?

Try takin the printouts of the prices on the websites (B&H, Adorama, Tri-State camera) to Circuit City (all priced around $499.)

They price matched me so I got it for $489 in Black.

Also try www.beachcamera.com

ANDONE OFTHE IMPORTANT SITE TO FIND REVIEWS ABOUT COMPANIES:

www.resellerratings.com

Hope this helps!
smilez03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 8:31 AM   #5

Try this site:

http://www.resellerratings.com/

I bought my FZ-20 from B&H Photo and I was very pleased. I had to return the filters I purchased because I decided to get a lens adapter in order to use 62mm instead of the 72mm ones that would have been necessary with the included adapter. They gave me no problems at allwith the return.

Angela
BunkeeBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 8:55 AM   #6

There's not too many companies that are more reliable or nicer to deal with than vanns.com . Their FZ20K is$529.99 w/free shipping and no sales tax.

The catch, however, is their web site this morning indicates the camera is out of stock. BUT...last week's newspaper advertisement listed the camera. Vanns does not play games...no bait and switch...so I'd suggest calling them. The camera may nowbe in stock but the web site not updated.

john

jmgiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:01 PM   #7

I was in nearly the same boat as you last week. I was all set to buy the FZ20K (black), but was having a hard-time finding one at a reputable shop. I did lots of web-searching, phoning, etc., and finally found the camera at Abes of Mainein-stock (Feb 15th). I found that a lot of the not-so-reputable shops with the really low prices just didn't have the camera in-stock (back-ordered 2-3 weeks), despite their website indicating that the 20K was "In stock" and/or "Available".

In the end, I paid $520US + shipping from Abes, who also didn't mind dealing with me (I'm in Canada and some shops don't deal "Internationally") or my shipping request -- I had the camera shipped to a relative in Florida who will be bringing it up to Canada this weekend, so I had to use a different shipping address than my billing address -- some shops wouldn't allow that, but Abes didn't have any issues.

I just checked Abes and it says: "Availability: Available In 4-12 Days". Whereas, the FZ20S (Silver) states: "Availability: Available", so Abes might be back-ordered, too. Interesting to note that the Silver is selling for $478 vs $520 for the Black. Supply-n-demand is driving-up the price on the Black.

Best of luck getting your 20K! Mine will be here next weekend! The wait is agony!

M
onespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 6:41 AM   #8
GJ

Thanks to all of you who replied to my posting.

We ended up buying the camera from Adorama who by the way, had an excellent price. Circuit City in the area in which we live was asking $100 MORE for the FZ20. With the savings in mind, we also ordered a 512, a 256 and an extra battery.

Camera should arrive by the end of this week. Can't wait. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Gail J.

GJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 7:04 AM   #9

congrats :G
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote