Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 21, 2005, 9:44 PM   #11

All pictures are just terrific. Congrats. Beautiful country.
picsgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 9:49 PM   #12

Thanks, man, appreciated! : }

I'm just a beginner really, with a good set of subjects at hand. I don't really want it to be about the camera - ANY camera - just about seeing.
greenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:58 PM   #13

wow!!! so many INCREDIBLE landscapes

I'm amazed

Congrats

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:57 AM   #14

i like the litle purple hue in the last print...what could that be from? water drops on the lens reflecting from the sun?
i see the eagle he's to far away for the fz...most of my shots of the raptors i have to be within 30 meters..
fantastic shots ..i'll have to try a little harder....
you just raised the bar one more notch...
thanks for the tour
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 3:12 AM   #15

Hey guys, I was looking at your shots, quite a few and very nice. Seems you've been finding great subjects and have great eyes. I wish I could travel more. But then again, I wish I played my fretless six-string bass more too ; } ...Ah, that's life.

Speaking of which: jazzmaster, that flaring is just kind of the optical equivalent of [bass] guitar feedback. The lense is being pushed to the extremity of its tolerances, in a way. You should see what you can do with analog video ; }

You are right about the raptors and animal shots in general. I have a lot of cool stuff - on a very low rez media: High 8 tape. But movement and audio kind of make up for the visual limitations. Shot on what were often the best prosumer video cameras of the time, I need to get all those hundreds of hours I didn't lose to theft onto DVD one of these days and do some stills out of them too. Shooting with an L1 with 30X including the extender I got some wild bird shots and some stuff like sea lions three plus miles out on islands, etc.

Then there's the 5 or so days paddling in dugout cedar canoes around 30 feet long, equipped with sails, with various Northwest Indian tribes along the Olympic Peninsula and on the inside of Vancouver Island up toward Glacier Bay, and running around in Zodiaks to the support boat and back. It was funny watching the network stringers get seasick and later have to buy footage from me ; }

Anyway, sincerely, your pictures are great and I am a bit jealous that not only are you nice guys but you also seem to be dedicated and talented. But... where's the ladies? Have they been driven off? ; }

EDIT: was interrupted. Anyway, just to finish my little rant for the moment... the internet is just awash with great and promising photography, and glimpses of profoundly different inner and outer worlds. I'm more than a little humbled. I have to consider myself lucky to just be around some of it. I was just thinking earlier today I have so little time to even get around on these forums and hear and see more of what people are doing.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 4:43 AM   #16

If you kind people can bear to look at something shot from the bottom of the Canon lineup, well, I'm placing my newbieness on trial in the Canon forum with a bunch of shrinks of pics I shot with it since I started last June or July:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...06&forum_id=15

Looking at the shrinks, I need to do some Neat Imaging to the masters, and then reshrink.

Thanks, all!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:37 AM   #17

Awesome gallery
Gazza-NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:46 AM   #18

Your country is just full of incredible scenic photo opportunities, Gazza. I know because I watched Hercules and Xena ; } ...And lots of movies, and travelogues. One of the best I saw was in an IMAX theater and had a lot of hang-gliding that was vertigo-inducing and wonderous. I must see what you've been able to capture!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 8:33 AM   #19

Greenboy,

I posted a comment/question on your Canon pic site thinking I was on this one (Pan Z20 pics). Can you go there to read? Thanks.
picsgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 1:37 PM   #20

A few people have mentioned the Apgar Creek shot. Here's for you : } -