Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 21, 2005, 7:29 PM   #1

This little fellow ( Girl? ) was sitting in the sun on a cold day,what do you think of my first efford?
Attached Images

ve7ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2005, 7:42 PM   #2

Excellent first effort!
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:53 PM   #3

song sparrows are kewl..xlnt contrasting colors
i like it
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:10 PM   #4

here's one i shot the other day in between the rain drops ..a different type of sparrow ..i call him my song bird
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:14 PM   #5

is the silver beek a PS color? I like it. Might try it on my toes...
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:47 PM   #6

I think is great

that kind of bird is the only one I can see the whole year hover at my backyard, but they are too shy

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:05 AM   #7

FYI, the one with the black and white stripes on the crown is a white-crowned sparrow; the one with the grey cap and black bib is a house sparrow. Can't say male or female -- both sexes are alike.

I'm dreaming of taking pictures like this when my new FZ20 arrives...
Meantime, I'll content myselves with these beauties.
emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:38 AM   #8

emil wrote:
Quote:
FYI, the one with the black and white stripes on the crown is a white-crowned sparrow; the one with the grey cap and black bib is a house sparrow. Can't say male or female -- both sexes are alike.

I'm dreaming of taking pictures like this when my new FZ20 arrives...
Meantime, I'll content myselves with these beauties.
thank you i wasn't sure...it's so many different varieties..it's a gazillion sparrows around my house they are my alarm clock.when i go out side they play chicken by seeing who can fly the closest to my head with out hitting my afro...for some reason they keep calling me cheap..cheap..cheap cheap ...hope you get your fz soon can't wait to see your pics
Old Feb 22, 2005, 3:52 AM   #9

Nice shot, ve7ta - great color composition and I'm always a sucker for that type of depth of field stuff. One of the greatest things I miss about having a video camera with long zoom and manual focus was being able to subtley pull the thresholds around as grasses and foliage swayed in the wind near the ocean, with birds coming and going.

Amazing how easily I can please myself ; }

...jazzmaster, nice garden backdrop there, really sets the subject in finely! I hope I'll have a camera and time when my starter garden here begins to come to life. (On a barely related note I see you've come to the end of Pharoah Sanders and his nice bird work for now. That was a welcome sight too. Now I'm thinking some astral flight with Sonny Sharrock, Sanders, Charnett Moffett, and recent traveller Elvin Jones. Maybe Julian Priester's gull flying over the ocean too...)

Arturo, I've heard much incredible music from your country too, and your pictures give me an idea why. It's actually inspired a lot of people in different locales too: I have a Bernie Krause vinyl called CITADELS that's largely inspired by Machu Picchu that's kind of like an adventurous prequel to World Music by way of latin jazz and jazz fusion from 1979, that in turn inspired me to read some science fiction by L Sprague DeCamp as well as to educate myself a little to some music from the Andes, and some prsent-day innovators who were/are somewhat connected with the world of Jazz.

There's so many ways to travel. Thanks, guys for sharing yours!

ve7ta, BC, huh? About where in relation to the coast? I used to sail/cruise some up in the Straits of Georgia and have been all over the island, and up in float planes above the mainland. I love the relative wildness and spaciousness. And of course some nightlifing in Vancouver every now and again : }
greenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:12 PM   #10

Hi Greenboy, i am in northern B.C., 400 miles north of Vancouver, and 250 miles east of Ketchekan, Alaska.
ve7ta is offline   Reply With Quote