Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:51 AM   #11

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
hehe lovelife !

I've seen you say that a thousand times now :G

And people STILL don't get your point!!! Must be frustrating.. :G
Only 10X lets not over magnify the statistics.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:12 AM   #12

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the tip.The ability to zoom down isa nice feature for when you are shooting birdsand you don't want tobe forced to take the lens off every time one gets too close to focus in the optimum range you specified. I foud that very annoying with my 2.2 extender. When I'm shooting birds with this lens I might find the need to zoom down below the max area of zoom you specified one out of ten shots.
The quality of the 1540, unlike the 2020, is way up there and can compete with the Tcon 14B and LZ10. The 2020's effective range of 5.5X-12X turns out to have limited usage. It is more for setup in a specific location and waiting for the subject to enter the field of view. When I am out and about, I keep my extension lens off. Being that far away from a skittish subject usually allows me time to put on the extender for the picture.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:20 AM   #13

Once again, excellent info. Thanks a lot.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 7:32 PM   #14

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
Hi Fred,

These were cropped down to 1800 x 1350 and I am using the Raynox 5264P adapter. Considering how cloudy it was here yesterday, I was especially pleased with the results. You can zoom down to about 5X before vignetting starts showing up which gives a nice shooting range for birds.

I am from Bucks County, about 30 miles North of the city.

Your pics look great! I am really on the wire as to buying the 1540. I can find very little in the way of reviews of this lens. The only comparison pics that I have found are at pemaraal.com and it did not fair well against the 14B. Looks to have real good center focus but really softens (blurs) to the sides. If you get a chance could you take some pics of a wide open area at full zoom without cropping? I would appreciate if you would. I really want to go Raynox across the board and have pretty much discounted the 2020 as an option for my usage. Thanks, Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 8:36 PM   #15

ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
Hi Fred,

These were cropped down to 1800 x 1350 and I am using the Raynox 5264P adapter. Considering how cloudy it was here yesterday, I was especially pleased with the results. You can zoom down to about 5X before vignetting starts showing up which gives a nice shooting range for birds.

Quote:

Your pics look great! I am really on the wire as to buying the 1540. I can find very little in the way of reviews of this lens. The only comparison pics that I have found are at pemaraal.com and it did not fair well against the 14B. Looks to have real good center focus but really softens (blurs) to the sides. If you get a chance could you take some pics of a wide open area at full zoom without cropping? I would appreciate if you would. I really want to go Raynox across the board and have pretty much discounted the 2020 as an option for my usage. Thanks, Gerry
Here is an extra push... http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/392355

Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:39 PM   #16

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
Hi Fred,

Quote:

Here is an extra push... http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/392355

Lovelife, nice clear pic, but again focused on a small area. Do you have anything that is taken with a wider field of view at full zoom (such as the pics at the above website)? Thanks, Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:02 PM   #17

Here's one only resized.
Attached Images

Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:24 PM   #18

Quote:

Lovelife, nice clear pic, but again focused on a small area. Do you have anything that is taken with a wider field of view at full zoom (such as the pics at the above website)? Thanks, Gerry

You will need to translate this web site.

http://nighthead.adzoo.jp/fz/telecon/telecon1.htm

http://translate.google.com/translat...Ftelecon%2Ehtm

http://translate.google.com/translat...Ftelecon%2Ehtm

Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:44 PM   #19

Is it me or does that seem out of focus?
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 8:40 AM   #20

I replaced it with another one. In both of these shots I was spot focusing on the bird.