Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 23, 2005, 8:49 AM   #21

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
I replaced it with another one. In both of these shots I was spot focusing on the bird.
You have to be careful FZs tend to focus on linear things like the branch.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:39 AM   #22

I agree. It looks like it's the branch that's in focus not the bird.
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 1:11 PM   #23

RedHouse wrote:
Quote:
Is it me or does that seem out of focus?

This is what is bothering me about the 1540. Normally clear in the center but VERY soft or blurry everywhere else. Again, this is only my opinion on what I have seen to date... Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 9:33 PM   #24

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
I replaced it with another one. In both of these shots I was spot focusing on the bird.

Lovelife, I went to your smugmug sight and looked at the "other" gallery and found the shots of the chinese looking guy with the mushroom hat (now i know why you didn't mention these before) and looked at the side and background comparisions of each shot. The 1540 just does not stack up to the TCON 14B. In looking at all pics in the gallery I personally would put it at (best to worse)- LTZ10 way out in front followed by TCON 14B and the 1540 playing toilet paper (bringing up the rear). I only looked at the pics for these 3 lenses... I really wish I could bring myself to spring for the LTZ10 but geez it's almost the price of the friggin camera! For two of them I could get a Rebel XT.. Gerry

ps: Wanted to tell you that overall I get a kick out of your posts here. But then again I take things with a "grain of salt":lol:. There is a lot of truth in some of them but your abusive-point blank responses to new people and others just isn't understood by the experienced /good/unabusive/helpful/great others in this forum:P.
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:27 PM   #25

ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
[email protected] wrote:
Quote:

Lovelife, I went to your smugmug sight and looked at the "other" gallery and found the shots of the chinese looking guy with the mushroom hat (now i know why you didn't mention these before) and looked at the side and background comparisions of each shot. The 1540 just does not stack up to the TCON 14B. In looking at all pics in the gallery I personally would put it at (best to worse)- LTZ10 way out in front followed by TCON 14B and the 1540 playing toilet paper (bringing up the rear). I only looked at the pics for these 3 lenses... I really wish I could bring myself to spring for the LTZ10 but geez it's almost the price of the friggin camera! For two of them I could get a Rebel XT.. Gerry

ps: Wanted to tell you that overall I get a kick out of your posts here. But then again I take things with a "grain of salt":lol:. There is a lot of truth in some of them but your abusive-point blank responses to new people and others just isn't understood by the experienced /good/unabusive/helpful/great others in this forum:P.
error
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:28 PM   #26

ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
[email protected] wrote:
Quote:

Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:30 PM   #27

ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
[email protected] wrote:
Quote:

I am not pushing one TC over another, kind sir, but in my humble,but expertopinion,it is only my expert subjective opinion, the order should be LTZ10, Tcon14B, DCR1540, Sony, Tcon17 and DCR2020. Blowing the pictures beyond the size of 11x14 is not in keeping with the basic design of the camera and the results between the screen and the printed page are, in my humble but experienced opinion, immense. Did you also take notice of the CA at these larger levels? I will add softer language to my terse comments if you will leave the toilet paper and friggen language in the bathroom. The equipment is a paintbrush; what you put on canvas is what counts. You might spend some time looking at my gallery it might be worth you while .... http://lovelife.smugmug.com/ You might learn something.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:30 PM   #28

What's up with the pic. Too large and we've seen it too many times.
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:36 PM   #29

DynamoHum wrote:
Quote:
What's up with the pic. Too large and we've seen it too many times.
Is that better?
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:47 PM   #30

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
I am not pushing one TC over another, kind sir, but in my humble, but expert opinion, it is only my expert subjective opinion, the order should be LTZ10, Tcon14B, DCR1540, Sony, Tcon17 and DCR2020. Blowing the pictures beyond the size of 11x14 is not in keeping with the basic design of the camera and the results between the screen and the printed page are, in my humble but experienced opinion, immense. Did you also take notice of the CA at these larger levels? I will add softer language to my terse comments if you will leave the toilet paper and friggen language in the bathroom. The equipment is a paintbrush; what you put on canvas is what counts. You might spend some time looking at my gallery it might be worth you while .... http://lovelife.smugmug.com/ You might learn something.
Get off your high horse; you are no better than us so stop trying to act like some self righteous fool. Your photos in your gallery are nice, but you are no "expert". People come to this forum to learn, have a bit of fun and share some photos. You obviously come to this forum to get your daily ego boost by telling everyone how great you are.

Long time listener, first time caller.
photomanic is offline   Reply With Quote