Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 25, 2005, 1:29 PM   #41

Well, finally said the heck with it! I've looked at enough pics and just can't really afford the LTZ10 that i really wanted). Ordered a Pemaraal 62mm adapter today and a TCON14b to go with it. Also ordered a Nikon 6T as I want to try it for closeups and it will fit this adapter without rings... Now just need to get a WA... Will probably order a DCR6600pro at this point but still thinking on this one:?.... Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 6:33 PM   #42

ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
Well, finally said the heck with it! I've looked at enough pics and just can't really afford the LTZ10 that i really wanted). Ordered a Pemaraal 62mm adapter today and a TCON14b to go with it. Also ordered a Nikon 6T as I want to try it for closeups and it will fit this adapter without rings... Now just need to get a WA... Will probably order a DCR6600pro at this point but still thinking on this one:?.... Gerry
I think you made a wise choice. If I might ask, what did you pay, includingshipping for the 14B. I think I will carry the line and want to see if I can be competitive. I love my Tcon07,the24.5mm, vs. 23.1 on the DCR6600,is plenty WA for me.

I just got my first run of adapters from theLong Islandfactory; I ended up with 77 pieces out of 110 that is a 30% rejection rate on the anodizing. I told him if he can do 77 correctly, he could do 100. The 10 were slough for errors.

My finalset of samples conversion rings (CR), arrive from overseasnext Wednesday. If they are perfect, they will ship me a 100 piece run on March 22. I am keeping the runs small so that any early production problems can be caught without large financial impact. Then I turn it over to the real critics, the end user.

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:29 PM   #43

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
I think you made a wise choice. If I might ask, what did you pay, includingshipping for the 14B. I think I will carry the line and want to see if I can be competitive. I love my Tcon07,the24.5mm, vs. 23.1 on the DCR6600,is plenty WA for me.

I just got my first run of adapters from theLong Islandfactory; I ended up with 77 pieces out of 110 that is a 30% rejection rate on the anodizing. I told him if he can do 77 correctly, he could do 100. The 10 were slough for errors.

My finalset of samples conversion rings (CR), arrive from overseasnext Wednesday. If they are perfect, they will ship me a 100 piece run on March 22. I am keeping the runs small so that any early production problems can be caught without large financial impact. Then I turn it over to the real critics, the end user.

Lovelife, will do some research on the TCON07 since you mention it. Do you have any pics or know where to find a comparison? Anywho- as far as your ? on the TCON14B, I ordered both lenses from BHPhotovideo. The TCON14b was $154.95 and the Nikon 6T was $46.95.. It was $9.20 for 3 day UPS shipping.. Gerry

ps: what adapters and such are you into? And what is a conversion ring (like a stepup or stepdown ring)?
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:56 PM   #44

ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:

Lovelife, will do some research on the TCON07 since you mention it. Do you have any pics or know where to find a comparison? Anywho- as far as your ? on the TCON14B, I ordered both lenses from BHPhotovideo. The TCON14b was $154.95 and the Nikon 6T was $46.95.. It was $9.20 for 3 day UPS shipping.. Gerry

ps: what adapters and such are you into? And what is a conversion ring (like a stepup or stepdown ring)?

Thank you for the information. I have Tcon17pictures up on my site at this link. I have not completely fixed it up yet, but the Tcon17 is there.

http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/392355

I have invented and patented a new type of adapter, which does not use step rings for different mm mounts. It uses a CR which when installed converts the adapter to a different mount, with no change to TC to Leica front element. That is why I am preparing these comparisons. Besides my adapter, I will be selling Hoya filters, Raynox and Olympus TCs. Items in the future will be a special lens cap, a tripod / lens support bar with and 2x /3x mounts (patented), a lens hood (Patented). That is if I do not go broke.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 9:31 PM   #45

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for the information. I have Tcon17pictures up on my site at this link. I have not completely fixed it up yet, but the Tcon17 is there.

http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/392355

I have invented and patented a new type of adapter, which does not use step rings for different mm mounts. It uses a CR which when installed converts the adapter to a different mount, with no change to TC to Leica front element. That is why I am preparing these comparisons. Besides my adapter, I will be selling Hoya filters, Raynox and Olympus TCs. Items in the future will be a special lens cap, a tripod / lens support bar with and 2x /3x mounts (patented), a lens hood (Patented). That is if I do not go broke.

Lovelife, i think (as i'm finding out) that you said TCON-07 above but really meant WCON-07? As we were talking about WAs. Of course I followed up with the same mistake as I didn't know what they called their WA lens:O. I need to find some pics taken with the WCON-07 but will probably go with the 6600 in the end.

Good luck in your business pursuits- tough these days... Gerry
Old Feb 25, 2005, 9:37 PM   #46

http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/412690

I have one shot with, and without the wcon07