Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 23, 2005, 4:08 PM   #1

hi gang

recently got a fz20 and have a question. newbie to all this so please be patient. the pictures i download onto the computer are not as "bright or detailed" as they seem to be on the lcd of the camera. i am just using the provided software. when i brighten the pictures with the software the details don't seem to be there. any suggestions.

thanks alot
broomjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2005, 4:11 PM   #2

Is your monitor calibrated?
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 4:19 PM   #3

wondering do you know the config for the monitor so i don't have to dig through the manuals?
Old Feb 23, 2005, 4:26 PM   #4

Also, check your picture adjust settings. For outdoor shots I suggest putting sharpness onstandard and everything else on low, especially noise reduction because that will take detail out of the pics. On indoor low light shots you might want to change the settings to standard or high saturation, standard noise reduction, and low sharpness.

Also, the lcd is very small, and if you don't zoom in with the tele/wide switch to see detail, an out of focus pic will look good on the lcd. I always zoom in to check and see if it is in focus well.

bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 4:30 PM   #5

Look at this. I agree with reviewing/magnifying, but be careful with setting sharpness on high as it will introduce at lot artifacts onto the pic.

http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 5:55 PM   #6

thanks for the help. still not quite right though. can't get my "black levels" right. adjusted temperature, contrast. and brightness but can't get the "chart to match up to the suggestions. any help would be great. thanks again.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:14 PM   #7

If it's a old CRT it could be shot. Also could be something to do with the graphics card. Hard to say without knowing brands,OS,CPU etc. Good luck.
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote