Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:36 PM   #1

I have finally received all my accessory goodies and put them together on the FZ-20 but I'm not sure it looks the way it is supposed to. Paranoid? Me?

Any comments welcome. I have, in order:

1. a FZ-20

2. thefirstsection of the Phayee adapter

3. the ring section of the Phayee adapter

4.a 62mmHoya UV filter

5. a 62mm Hama hood

6. the Phayee lens cap with attaching string
Attached Images

beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:37 PM   #2

Another look (obviously these images were not taken with an FZ-20)

Attached Images

Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:46 PM   #3

looks right to me! at least now i know what mine will look like when my lens hood arrives! :-)
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 11:51 AM   #4

My arrangement is different. It is identical to the photos shown by Rezajune here http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...light=rong+jin

Using a 72mm hood avoids having to screw the hood on the filter. Removing the front section of the Phayee adapter allows quick removel of the hood. I have a separate 62mm hood like you do but when unscrewing the 62mm hood I often end up unscrewing the filter instead! So now I have 3 hoods (original panny hood, 62mm Hama hood and 72mm Hama hood)
888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 7:33 PM   #5

888 wrote:
Quote:
My arrangement is different. It is identical to the photos shown by Rezajune here http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...light=rong+jin

Using a 72mm hood avoids having to screw the hood on the filter. Removing the front section of the Phayee adapter allows quick removel of the hood. I have a separate 62mm hood like you do but when unscrewing the 62mm hood I often end up unscrewing the filter instead! So now I have 3 hoods (original panny hood, 62mm Hama hood and 72mm Hama hood)
Thanks for the link, I'd somehow missed reading that thread. I guess it might be a good idea to get a 72mm hood somewhere down the road so that I can set my camera up like you and rezajune have done. I can see how it would be nice to be able to remove the hood without even touching the UV filter.