Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 24, 2005, 6:49 AM   #1

Dunno how this guy can feed upside down......sorry the bees are not in this Photo
Attached Images

Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2005, 7:49 AM   #2

Very colorful! I try not to say much about anyone's techniques usually because everybody seems to have their own approach and path to learning how to make photots the way they want them to be. But I do sometimes mention how you can fix technical shortcomings of the equipment. In this case, if you want (for instance) that green area to the left to be a lot smoother, you can use Neat Image (that's the one I use) or Noise Ninja or other denoising to take out all the nnoise that makes things less than smooth, without disturbing actual detail. In fact many times it brings out the real details more because their isn't distractions of off-color pixels all around.

These plugins (or they can be run standalone) can be applied to entire pictures or to various areas with different settings. They'll also usually find optimum settings automatically for a picture or area - or you can use camera profiles. I think the FZ20 profile I downloaded for Neat Image has 20 different profiles, for various ISO, white balances, etc. It can also do some selective sharpening.

Take a look at == Zooooom == and check out the smooth areas. If you were to look at the pics at 200 or 300% you wouldn't find to many pixels that didn't blend in with their neighbors in those areas. And still the edges are/can be sharply defined.

Hope you didn't think that was a criticism of your skill with the camera : }
greenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:20 AM   #3

Lorrikeet
1/125 f4 ASA50, zoom max, spot mode
Attached Images

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:28 AM   #4

fresh veggies, lorrikeets...you guys live in paradise!
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:38 AM   #5

Yep - it's 15 degrees fahrenheit here. And all the birds are trying to figure out whether to migrate back to Alaska or not ; }

...Cool capture, boyzo! What's that web thing?
Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:51 AM   #6

Greenboy, you are green. there in a fruit tree, you can tell from the foliage,netting to keep the birds from eating it's bounty.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:55 AM   #7

They don't do that over here that I know of. So I guess one has to know everything about everywhere to rate, huh? ; }

Where at in Jersey? I went visiting over there a couple years ago just inland and pretty far south. Remarkable old New England country feel down there! I never knew Jersey was part of New England so it must have just borrowed some architecture and landscape props ; }
Old Feb 24, 2005, 9:00 AM   #8

First photo seems out of focus. The right feeder thingy seems to in-focus. AF got the wrong focus point I guess. Maybe spot focus will do the trick. This could be a better photo with other focuspoint.

cheers,

Tim
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 9:36 AM   #9

Here, we're not what people think of as Jersey. Tiny beach town, south of Atlantic City. Very charming, my house is a '30s cape cod, a leftover from when life was simple. Like Cape May...google pics.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 10:34 AM   #10

greenboy wrote:
Quote:
Yep - it's 15 degrees fahrenheit here. And all the birds are trying to figure out whether to migrate back to Alaska or not ; }

...Cool capture, boyzo! What's that web thing?
bird netting, its an apple tree.
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote