Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:44 PM   #21

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
beernutz wrote:
Quote:

Have I kissed enough a$$ yet? :-)

Post your toes. We'll let you know.
Auditioning makes me very nervous so my toes required a bit of liquid courage but here goes:

Attached Images

beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 7:59 PM   #22

beernutz wrote:
Quote:
shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
beernutz wrote:
Quote:

Have I kissed enough a$$ yet? :-)

Post your toes. We'll let you know.
Auditioning makes me very nervous so my toes required a bit of liquid courage but here goes:

Beernutz - that is too funny! It's a qualifier in my book.
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 8:44 AM   #23

If there is one thing that the Panasonic FZ 20 has given me is a vent to my creativity. Not that i wasnt creative before... I was... But never knew that i could express that in a medium so beautiful. I dont take great pictures... I may be technically poor... But the thrill of capturing the moment and trying out new things is beyond words can express. Probably i could have done it with any other camera... But im glad I have the Panasonic FZ 20 cause its just the BEST

Dyu
dyu_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 9:42 AM   #24

Panasonic forum -> 27.000+ posts
rest -> 9.000

TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:07 AM   #25

Quick question for the Panasonic elite...Whats the big differeence between the FZ20 and the new Panasonic 5 MP 12X zoom? Don't accurately recall the model number, is it the FZ5 ? I know the lense isn't as fast thoughout the zoom range, and a couple other minor changes, but what are your thoughts? Oh and larger ccd too. But I am wondering why they didn't upgrade it more or is there something I am missing? I have to say I have seen some outstanding shots in the panasonic forum. I keep reading this, tho I usually hang out in the people forum. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:11 AM   #26

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 replaces the popular FZ3, and improves with 5MP resolution and a slightly larger 1.8 in. LCD monitor.

However, depending on how you want to look at it, it may be better to view the FZ5 as essentially the FZ20 in a smaller compact body.

Major differences between the FZ20 and the FZ5:

* The FZ20 has a F2.8 aperture from wide to telephoto; the FZ5 has F2.8 at wide, and F3.3 at tele.

* The FZ20 has a manual focus ring; the FZ5 does not.

* The FZ20 has a 2 in. LCD monitor (130K pixels); the FZ5 has a 1.8 in. LCD monitor (130K pixels).

* The FZ20 is relatively large and heavy; the FZ5 retains the incredibly compact FZ3 body!
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:21 AM   #27

Also...I have only had my FZ20 for 5 days but, after reading this review, I would not have opted for the FZ5. Why get a newer model with less features then you can have with the original?

So far....not one thing to gripe about with the FZ20. After
about 1 hours worth of reading the manual to familiarize
myself with what can be done in the menus...can now deal with all of the menus in the camera, no longer need the manual. I have read that this is not the case with some of the other models.

Heard of problems with noise at and above ISO 200 but, doesn't seem to be any worse then the competition and
for $546 total....I believe it's money well spent.

static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:47 AM   #28

Is that you in the avatar?
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:33 PM   #29

Yeah but.... currently I use my daughter's Canon SD200 (not abad little camera)but I am lusting after a 12X zoom... absolutely set ona panasonic after much research and reading and Igoing back and forth between the FZ20 (instant gratification) or the FZ5 (patience is a virtue)... I think for a 'newbie' like methe FZ20 may be a little bit too much camera.A huge factor is also the size, I'd be more inclined towards taking a smaller camera more places... I am leaning towards the FZ5 because I don't think I'd be great with the manual focus ring (I wear glasses) and I don't know if someone like me would notice a big difference in the aperture range difference. Wish the FZ5 had a bigger screen though...

Thanks to all of you wonderful people for posting pics and opinions... I'm sure there's a lot of lurkers like me who won't be buying a camera totally blindly due to your diligence and commitment to the panasonic forum.
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote