Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 25, 2005, 4:52 PM   #11

Redhouse, what did you use to capture the Channel 7 broadcast to your computer? You viewing cable on a capture card, or are you networked to TiVo?
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:04 PM   #12

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
what did you use to capture the Channel 7 broadcast to your computer?
Go to the above link and click on Images: Fighting the Fire in the Snow That will take you to a slide show of jpgs from the video.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 9:18 PM   #13

trooplewis, in this case Redhouse got the TV screen snapshots from the channel 7 web site. But, if you watch TV on your computer, the TV program you use should have some kind of snapshot capability. I captured the following two shots from a local news broadcast. I used my TiVo to playback the schene, When I had the TiVo paused, I snapped the photos using Intervideo's WinDVR 3 software on the PC.

The weatherman was showing a close up on the moon. I thought I saw something move against the moon background. I used the TiVo's playback buffer feature to go back and replay the scene. Sure enough, it was a plane.

I emailed the pictures to the weatherman and he was surprised. He did not see the plane go across. I also found out that he is also a TiVoholic.

Later,
Steven
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote