Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 25, 2005, 6:54 PM   #1

this is my first time on this forum.:? I've been reading them but I've never started a topic. I've had several digital cameras over the last 5yrsstarting way back with the Kodak DC215,Nikon CP950, Kodak DX 6490, and now My Panasonic Lumix FZ20. I still have my CP950 I just can't let that one go. It takes excellentInfrared Pics. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried any "high speed" SD cards in their FZ20s and if they made a noticable difference.

:|
Attached Images

Spencer1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2005, 7:11 PM   #2

You double posted and it looks like only half your pic shows. Search this forum first above and you'll save a lot of time.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...speed+sd+cards

From Panasonic Bob
"
First, digital still cameras are designed around a 2 MB transfer rate. Purchasing the faster cards is generally not going to offer any advantage. An exception to this rule can occur if you use inexpensive SD cards that are inherently slower than the 2 MB standard. There are also 3 specs; read, write, and copy."

Fast cards seem to help in the burst mode.
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 7:36 PM   #3

Yeah.....First timer I don't know what happened to my pic. It worked on my secondIntroduction Post. Thanks for the info.
Attached Images

Spencer1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 2:32 AM   #4

Spencer1076 wrote:
Quote:
this is my first time on this forum.:? I've been reading them but I've never started a topic. I've had several digital cameras over the last 5yrsstarting way back with the Kodak DC215,Nikon CP950, Kodak DX 6490, and now My Panasonic Lumix FZ20. I still have my CP950 I just can't let that one go. It takes excellentInfrared Pics. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried any "high speed" SD cards in their FZ20s and if they made a noticable difference.

:|
in the FZ'z, i find there is a marked difference in how well the camera works in burst or continuous mode. with a "standard" card, in continuous mode, the camera will stop every 5-7 shots to clear the buffer. with a hi-speed card, it just keeps on shooting.if you don't use burst or continuous modes, you won't notice a lot of difference, but the hi-speed cards are still faster to download to your PC and to erase. and considering the prices of hi-speed memory these days, you might as well get a 32X or faster card; it ain't that much more expensive, and there's times when it's downright handy.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 2:33 AM   #5

gorgeous butterfly shot, by the way!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 4:21 AM   #6

Excellent butterfly shot! You could not have got a better pose had you asked for it - ummm, your surname isn't Doolittle is it? :G Welcome and look forward to seeing more of& from NC.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote