Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 25, 2005, 7:28 PM   #1

I just joined up today.....I thought I should introduce myself. I'm a Deputy Sheriff from eastern NC, which is a great place to be a photographer. I do alot of outdoor, wildlife and alot of macro photography. I've tried out quite a few cameras in the last few years. I have to say the only old camera that I have kept is my trusty Nikon CP950. Its the only camera I've found that takes great infrared photos and that mmmm mmmm that macro. I just purchased a Panasonic FZ20. So far I'm very impressed. The lens on that thing is awesome. 36-432mm @ f2.8 and a pretty good macro mode(and I'm very picky about macro since I've had that CP950 for so long).I love having a nondedicated hot shoe for my Vivitar 285HV. I did have to get a better tripod to support the weight of the FZ20 with aflash that size on it. My dad has been in photography for a long time. He just got a Nikon D70, now thats a sweet camera. He's trying to update all of his 20yr oldequipment right now. Switching from Cannon 35mm manual SLRs to Nikon digital AF is not cheap. I haven't taken thta leap to a Digital SLR yet. I love talk'n cameras, so if any one has a question feel free to ask. Also if anyone has opinions or knows of any problems with the FZ20 let me know. >>>>>the photo attached was taken 2-15-05 at Lake Mattamuskeet NC on a photo trip with my dad and brother<<<<<:|
Attached Images

Spencer1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:10 PM   #2

Welcome Spencer, I'm a reasonable newie too and aint that good with my FZ 20 yet but magnificently pleased with what it produces...just gotta get the guy behind it to get as smart.

Anyways again a big welcome..........loved the photo and in flight too

Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:20 PM   #3

Spencer

Weclome mate..glad to have u on board.. I think my FZ is more intelligent than me...!

Thast a good pic.. I can never get that shot - only if i shoot the bird !

Harj

:G

:?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:35 PM   #4

nice shot and welcome brother.....
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 9:13 PM   #5

Nice shot, Deputy. Sounds like you and your Dad are going to have some fun together this spring and the rest of the year. We look forward to some morepics from East Carolina. My sister married a hick from Tarboro. That guy wont shut up. Fortunately his bs isalota fun.

- Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:17 PM   #6

Welcome Spencer. Nice to have more representation from down south!
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:43 PM   #7

Welcome, and a great shot of the heron in flight.
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:46 PM   #8

Spencer1076 wrote:
Quote:
I just joined up today.....(some stuff cut) I love having a nondedicated hot shoe for my Vivitar 285HV. I did have to get a better tripod to support the weight of the FZ20 with a flash that size on it. >>>>>the photo attached was taken 2-15-05 at Lake Mattamuskeet NC on a photo trip with my dad and brother<<<<<:|
Welcome..
I would be careful of that 285HV.. Make sure the trigger voltage is low enough (newer should be okay) so it doesn't blow the FZ20 circuits.. I would think if you've been using it on the Nikon then it'll be fine with the panasonic..

Jeff

:G
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote