Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 2, 2005, 4:26 PM   #31

Nice shot. Try a noise reduction filter, such as the one from neatimage.com. It might help getting rid of the noise while largely maintaining the sharpness of the image.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:00 PM   #32

I just got the fz 20 3 days ago. I have a lot to learn about the digital world. I used to have an old Nikon f-2 I loved till I sold it to go to College. I'm in Idaho and went out to see If I could find some wildlife yesterday. Hope the image shows up. The deer were 80-100 yard.
snakeriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:14 AM   #33

Nikon F2 Photomic...I still have mine and it's in mint condition...woudn't sell it for the world. I was pleasantly surprised at the hefty price asked for a good one on e-bay.

Good thing you clarified wild life by your Idaho location....In the Bay Area it means a totally different thing:-):-):-),
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:22 AM   #34

rduve:

Thanks for the info on the neatimage, will give it a try.
Just wanted to check out the damage done by ISO 400, not as bad as I had thought. Of course, my eyes are pretty much shot..... :O
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 7:56 PM   #35

My apologies to Guaz. I was just informed by one of the posters here that it is bad etiquette to intrude into somebody elses's thread and post my own pictures. I misunderstood and thought that this thread was for people to post their first pics with the FZ20. Didn't mean to be rude and I will start my own thread next time.

:?

Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:28 PM   #36

rduve...The only way we can settle this is man to man at 20 paces....with fz20's of course:G:G:G:G:G:|
Old Mar 4, 2005, 12:41 AM   #37

...the old fashioned way. An FZ20 duel. Well, I got a whole bunch of accessories, including the DCR-250 macro lens. So, my weapons arsenal is building up and I am ready for the challenge.

Old Mar 4, 2005, 9:37 PM   #38

guaz wrote:
Quote:
rduve...The only way we can settle this is man to man at 20 paces....with fz20's of course:G:G:G:G:G:|
so let it be written
so let it be done...
let the games begin
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:29 AM   #39

The way the weather looks in L.A. this weekend, I might as well throw in the towel. Let's hope it will clear up by Sunday and I get a chance to get out. How does it look where you are, Guaz?
Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:55 AM   #40

Same situation. I'm hoping for Sunday. BTW, I haven't ordered any accessories yet, accept for the Phayee adapter and remote, so I'm out gunned. :sad:How about hammers at 20 inches???:O:?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::l ol::lol::lol::lol::evil::G:G:G:G