Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 26, 2005, 11:18 PM   #21

Hi Hitmanx,

where are you from ?

I ordered mine from a real store 2 weeks ago. Black is out of stock in Canada. I have to take the silver.

My price is 800$ca That is about 650$us.

I am in Montreal.

:roll:Guy

coutancineau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 11:24 PM   #22

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Given price, duties, and taxes, it might be worth a drive to the states if you're near the border. Have a little fun along the way. Just a thought.

Road trip, Canada. I'm game. We'll deliver.
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 1:07 AM   #23

I bought mine on ebay about 4 months ago and got it from Cameta Auctions, great service, there cameras are brand new and mine was a kit and included a spare battery, a 256meg 45x SD card, a camera bag, cleaning cloth and candies, yes, candies, all nicely packaged by Cameta. I paid $589us, I forget what shipping was, I think $30.00 and customs was around $110can, which is what I would of paid for taxes if I had bought the camera in Canada. It came out to about $850can with everything including customs, but if you deduct the cost of buing a spare battery, a 45x sd card and a camera bag here in Canada, you can easily remove $200, so the real cost is about $650can.
I think prices have gone up a bit...check it out....
here:
http://photography.listings.ebay.ca/...stQQsofocusZpf
marigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:32 AM   #24

My first vote is B&H photo if and when they get it back in. Adorama is great too, I am sure they ship to Canada. I have been in these stores, in person, and they both are great. B&H is definitely better. Someone mentioned that everything in their warehouse was destroyed, but do they have more than one warehouse??? I would assume they do, the store is humongous. Lets hope they get back on their feet soon.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 5:18 AM   #25

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Given price, duties, and taxes, it might be worth a drive to the states if you're near the border. Have a little fun along the way. Just a thought.

Road trip, Canada. I'm game. We'll deliver.
Bags packed, ready to go. Where we goin' again?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 5:28 AM   #26

marigil wrote:
Quote:
I bought mine on ebay about 4 months ago and got it from Cameta Auctions, great service, there cameras are brand new and mine was a kit and included a spare battery, a 256meg 45x SD card, a camera bag, cleaning cloth and candies, yes, candies, all nicely packaged by Cameta. I paid $589us, I forget what shipping was, I think $30.00 and customs was around $110can, which is what I would of paid for taxes if I had bought the camera in Canada. It came out to about $850can with everything including customs, but if you deduct the cost of buing a spare battery, a 45x sd card and a camera bag here in Canada, you can easily remove $200, so the real cost is about $650can.
I think prices have gone up a bit...check it out....
here:
Link deleted for formating
Bought mine from the same place last month. I don't know about the canadian part but I will definately vouch for them as a dealer. New, In package WITH the canadian warranty card.. I didn't get any candy though... The price has gone up $50 US since then.. Funny, usually as new models are introduced, the price goes down. Must say something about the popularity of the line affecting supply and demand..

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:02 PM   #27

thanks to everyone...

if it's not the taxes and duties, it's the "out of stock" and stupid "silver only", wa wa wa...

I wish Futureshop or Bestbuy sold this cam... I'm a firm believer in the product service plan thing... just got my canon s200 replaced with a brand new canon sd200 cause i got drunk and broke it and lost the screws to keep it together... good times...
hitmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:06 PM   #28

FZ1??? What???

i'm confused... :?

2megs??? Garbage!! I already have one of those... I've taken over 3000 pics with it... I'm ready for a little better than 1600x1200... :evil:
Old Feb 27, 2005, 5:01 PM   #29

Try ritzcmera.com, they have a border free checkout for Canadians which will tell you the landed price in Canadian $
to your door including all shipping and taxes. Before you hit the buy button. I bought my FZ-10 that way saved over
$250. I did do a border run to a Circuit City in suburban Detroit for the FZ-20 though saved abut $250 over Henrys for
that one too. Yes you do not get the same warranty but I
think I will gamble that for the $250 in savings.
atomicfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:07 PM   #30

What's the deal with the "Expanded" warrenty that ritz has? Anyone have any experience with that?