Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 26, 2005, 2:05 AM   #1

Oh man do I ever want an FZ20!!!

I've been reading forums about it for almost 16hrs today alone... I think I know EXACTLY what I want...:-)

The only problem: IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE UP HERE IN CANADA!!! The only reputable place I can find is Henry's (www.henrys.com), and they sell it for $899 CAD!!! (thats $725 for you yanks) No other store sells the damn thing... I know to well that buying online often leads to high shipping, all sorts of duties, so i'm sure about that way... thats even if they ship to Canada (circutcity does not)...

OMG :? Help please!!!

There are a lot knowledgble people here, at least one of them has to be Canadian!!! Someone please help!! :?
hitmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2005, 2:55 AM   #2

hitmanx,

I got one from butterflyphoto.com for $458.00 back in November. Looks like the price has gone up and they are out of stock on the silver one. I don't know about shipping to Canada ...

http://www2.butterflyphoto.com/shop/...ku=PANDMCFZ20S
DMC-FZ20S Silver $497.00 Availability: Out Of Stock
http://www2.butterflyphoto.com/shop/...ku=PANDMCFZ20K
DMC-FZ20K Black $498.00 Availability: Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Blue Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 4:04 AM   #3

Hey Hitmanx, wouldn't I just love to buy the FZ 20 for 899 in canada, her in Aussie land they are still $1000 + usually around 1199, you guys just dunna know how lucky you are.....oh I wish!!!!!!!

Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 5:42 AM   #4

Hazzarbone wrote:
Quote:
Hey Hitmanx, wouldn't I just love to buy the FZ 20 for 899 in canada, her in Aussie land they are still $1000 + usually around 1199, you guys just dunna know how lucky you are.....oh I wish!!!!!!!

Hazz
I got mine in Israel for 3,500 NIS, which is about $800 US

Are you even going to get a valid warranty, if you buy it from the States?
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:09 AM   #5

Amazon.com (U.S. site) has them for $527.00 US and it says they come from Circuit CIty through a partnership with Amazon. As far as I know, Amazon with ship to Canada no problem. Even with shipping charges added, this is considerably less that the $725.00 U.S. you mentioned so may be worth you checking out. :?
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 8:09 AM   #6

Amazon may but will circuit city?? They are the ones that handle the shipping, not amazon.. I'd be concerned about the warrenty as well, not that you'll ever need it (hopefully).. I think where you are going to get hit is at customs when they rape you for the taxes.. I once sent a model train locomotive across the border and they popped him $150US for the imports, even though declared as a gift but had a value of $450 for insurance. At least that's what he said. You might almost be better off with henry's.

So, what is it you are asking us "yanks" to do??

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 11:28 AM   #7

I'm in Ottawa and I was in exactly your position last week when I decided to get my FZ20 from the US. Click here for all the details.

Unfortunately, I believe that Abes is now back-ordered on the FZ20K (in black). Be sure and check with http://www.resellerratings.com to verify the seller's ratings. There are some really shady shops out there. Also, be sure and ask them if the camera is actually in stock. A lot of places list it as in stock, but when you call, it's actually back-ordered. Lastly, ask if they will deal Internationally. Some shops will not.

Good luck!

M.
onespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 12:40 PM   #8

B&H Photo will ship to Canada 2-4day FedEx for about $33.00. I just got mine from them. Their actual checkout price is $499.00. They are currently out of stock but keep checking. They are a good reputable company to deal with. They've just had a fire in their warehouse and I don't know how its affected them so give them a call 1 800 606-6969

http://www.bhphotovideo.com
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 1:20 PM   #9

onecall.com in Washington. $529 USD, in stock
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 1:29 PM   #10

I wouldn't hold your breath for B&H -- while they are one of the most reputable shops out there and I've purchased from them without any problem, they've been out of stock for awhile on both black and silver... I'd say about a month.

They currently have a demo in stock for 499, but I'd wait for a factory fresh one.

Be very wary of a lot of the mail order/web order only companies in Brooklyn, NY,some want to charge you for the battery, charger, and cables! As everyone has said, check www.resellerratings.com to make sure the company you're buying from checks out!

smilez03 is offline   Reply With Quote