Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:20 AM   #1

the only thing i'm not enjoying about this camera is the fact that I cant seem to take good macro shots. I understand most of you guys use macro lens but if my $245 A75 could take some good shots with its lens then why cant this $540 FZ20? can you guys give me some pointers as to how to improve my macro shots? is there a way to take a macro shot while zoomed into an object without having a macro lens? cause i would have loved to be able to get a closer macro of this bee but as soon as i got physically closer she flew away. please help me love the FZ20 completely:|
Attached Images

Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:36 AM   #2

FZ macro cops out at ~3x zoom. Add-on macro lens gives macro capability throughout zoom. See http://www.ishots.net/fz1-2faq/fz1macros.htm Infopertains to all fz cameras.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:15 PM   #3

I think too that a lot of the macros you see here are Cropped. Fmoore is right, at 3x, closup won't focus, at least at less than 1 inch.. See the 2 photos I've posted.. The closup of the end of the pen is the macro.. The photo showing the full pen is a resize only, no crops.

Both images use higher compression in the interest of load times.. Both are actually much better.

Jeff
Attached Images

jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:19 PM   #4

Here's the second one.

Only slightly more was actually in the photo but the photo has been cropped to show the 'interesting' part. Not very interesting as a subject I know but trying to illustrate a point...

Jeff
Attached Images

jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote