Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 26, 2005, 4:58 PM   #1

Can anyone tell me if they have used generic batteries for the FZ20 like those listed from this place?
http://www.batterysavings.com/s_4___...CID=C10204x016

States they are fully compatible with cga-s002a for the FZ20
and the stats look the same but, since they are almost 1/2 the price. Would like to know if anyone has tried them and if they were satisfied before I buy some.

Just got my new FZ20 yesterday.....fantastic camera so far, very happy that I did not plop down the extra $200 for the CP8800.

Thank you....
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:40 PM   #2

static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:58 PM   #3

Lots of folks have had good luck with these. Generic is a good way to go since normal battery life is about two years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3870673399
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 1:15 AM   #4

I got a generic one from ebay for under $10, works perfectly.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 2:11 AM   #5

i bought two generic 750mAh batteries on ebay for $15 each, they both outlast the original and function perfectly. no reason at all to spend $30 or $40 or more on a "name-brand" battery.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:23 AM   #6

Redhouse, I purchased one of those batteries, direct from that link a few months back and it is 680mAh battery. The Panasonic battery which is also 680mAh battery last at least 1.5x longer. It works perfectly but I find that it loses its charge quicker. The ones squirl got are 750mAh so that should last longer than the Panasonic batteries, or at least last as long. I prefer to stick with the Panasonics for a number of reasons, but if squirl can provide us with the link for the 750mAh battery I will definitely buy one and compare it to the panasonic.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 4:24 PM   #7

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Redhouse, I purchased one of those batteries, direct from that link a few months back and it is 680mAh battery. The Panasonic battery which is also 680mAh battery last at least 1.5x longer. It works perfectly but I find that it loses its charge quicker. The ones squirl got are 750mAh so that should last longer than the Panasonic batteries, or at least last as long. I prefer to stick with the Panasonics for a number of reasons, but if squirl can provide us with the link for the 750mAh battery I will definitely buy one and compare it to the panasonic.
Nancy, i got mine on aBay... the seller doesn't seem to have any listed at the moment, but you can contact him at [email protected] to see if he has more... i haven't actually tested the number of shots using each one, but it seems i have to charge these less often, or at least no more so, than the Panasonic ones. and at $16 each, i got two for less than the costof one name-brand battery...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 11:52 PM   #8

If anyone is still checking this thread, I have had good luck with these 700mAh batteries for $15.99 + shipping:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...8&loc=111&sp=1

In stock now. (No, I don't work for them.)
Jering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:05 AM   #9

thanx Jering, just purchased one, and Squirl, just e-mailed, so I hope I can get one of those too. Does anyone date their batteries? I figure if I do upgrade and get the new version of the FZ20 when it becomes available, my original batteries will probably be garbage, but I have been buying batteries upons suggestions from nice guys like you at different times, so I am going to need to know when I bought them, b/c a year or two from now, I won't remember. Maybe I can just etch the date of purchase on the battery. Any ideas?
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:19 AM   #10

One must keep in mind that the Panasonic OEM batteries are edible. The 720 generics one can procure on eBay can make a lovely chapeau, however. One merely has to fashion a ribbon to either end for fastening. They are quite lovely, and you will certainly, if worn on a night out, be the envy of your particular social stratum.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote