Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:45 PM   #1

Looking to get a macro lens. I've seen some pretty amazing shots utilizing both of these. Which one offers more flexibility? If you had to choose one or the other, which would it be?

Thanks!

mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2005, 11:20 PM   #2

I'm happy to say I have both (oly b-macroinstead of6t). The 6t and the250are two different animals. The 6t or any of the +3 diopter dual element lens (4t, b-macro, mcon40, canon 500d)are more versatilefor framing purposesbecause they don't vignette at wa and can be used throughout the zoom. You can also focusfurther from the subject - 12" for the 6t and 4" for the 250. The depth of field is greater since the +3's have less magnification.The +8 diopter dcr250 is a much more powerful lens and consequently has a shallower dof (~1mm at 12x zoom). But it is an excellent lens for very close-up work and backing off to 4-6x zoom.

I would start off with the 6t (or one of the other +3's)and learn to use it. If you find you wantsomething stronger, get the dcr250. I have the fz1 and I use the b-macro (flowers) and dcr250 (insects)about 50/50. If I had the fz20 or (soon to be) fz5, I think I would use the b-macro more to get the dof and crop to get the magnification.

- Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 11:22 PM   #3

oh...hi fred.
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 11:25 PM   #4

Makes perfect sense. The 6T it is.

Thanks!

mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:34 PM   #5

For anyone who may still be looking for the Raynox two piece set that comes with the DCR-150 and the DCR-250, it looks like B&H has them in stock again. I just stumbled across this when I was looking for pricing and information on other Raynox lenses.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...594&is=REG

I think the price is up a little bit from what I paid but you still get two very good macro lenses for this.

Thought some may want to know. :-)

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote