Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:48 AM   #11

It's all boxed up and ready to send. ***sniff*** Yes, the repair location is now Elgin, IL, like it says in the manual. I called them to be sure, but you don't need to prearrange, just send it with a note about what's wrong.

The waiting begins...
CTPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:55 PM   #12

sorry about your camera ..but keep us updated on the service and or the outcome of your problem..
i know the feeling ..these camera's are so senitive any thing can ruin one ..water ..droping it or shorting it out ..
good luck
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 3:49 PM   #13

Thanks for the kind words, Jazzmaster.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:09 AM   #14

If it makes you feel any better, I fried my HP camera back in the day when I was using one of those. Plugged in the wrong AC converter and it would never fire up again. When I sent it into service, they said that i'd basicly fried the camera's power source or something along those lines and it was dead, dead and never coming back.

However, they sent me a replacement and it didn't end up costing me anything, despite the fact I bought the camera way past it's warranty since I got it as a discount from a retail store that didn't put them out the whole year they were released. I would think with the panasonics though, being higher end, they'd have more of a repair plan then a replacement plan like that.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 3:29 PM   #15

My baby is back! It's been one tough month. But nothing but good things to say about Panasonic repair. Despite being just beyond the 90 day part of the warranty, they repaired the camera no charge, no questions asked.

The phone and email communications I had with the shop in Elgin were completely pleasant and productive.

As if anyone needed another reason to buy a Lumix...
Old Apr 6, 2005, 10:02 AM   #16

CTPhil wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I'm brand new here, this is my first post. I bought a FZ10 about 3 months ago, and I love it. But yesterday I did something incredibly stupid when downloading some pictures. I accidentally grabbed the AC coverter from my slide scanner thinking it was the one for the camera, plugged it in, and now the camera is dead. I don't think it's the battery, it seemed to charge normally.

Should I send it back to Panasonic? Try someone locally? Is this likely to be an affordable repair or is a nearly new camera now junk?

Any help is deeply appreciated, I can't believe I did this.

Thank you very much.
The FZ10 can work without the battery. The battery charger has a cable to hook to the camera. See if that works.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 12:36 PM   #17

I think that's how he fried it to begin with.. Grabbed the wrong one.. If you look a couple posts above, panasonic took care of it for him.

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 1:14 PM   #18

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
The FZ10 can work without the battery. The battery charger has a cable to hook to the camera. See if that works.[/color][/b]
Maybe try reading a little more of the thread:?
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote