Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 1, 2005, 11:39 AM   #1

i'm going to disneyland in florida in a few days. will be taking my fz20 and monopod. any tips? i wish i had a wide angle lens but am still saving up for it. :-)
junji98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2005, 12:20 PM   #2

First of all have FUN!! As far as camera supplies go you may want to get an extra battery-depending on how many pics you take a day and also make sure you will have enough "film" digital card space:-). A 512 should be suffecient for you can always edit your pics at the end of the day-the best thing about digital camers.

If this is your first trip to Disney I would suggest going to one of the disney chat areas-google search and check out for tips and look at disney.com for any new attractions or special shows during your stay.

Happy :|,

norma
chopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 1:52 PM   #3

You might want to bring the cable that hooks up to the TV. Most TV's hace jacks and it makes reviewing easier than the LCD.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 2:38 PM   #4

Yeah...

1) It is called Disneyworld in Florida

2) Bring a tripod, if not at the bare minimum a monopod. You will need it to take those awesome fireworks shot over by epcot and the magic kingdom

3) You have to check out Animal Kingdom!! If you can, stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge w/ the Savannah View room. You can look out your window and see the animals!!

4) Get at least 1GB SD card before you go. You will be snapping pictures like there is no tomorrow.

5) If you could, bring a Sunpak 383 or another external flash. You need that extra range at night

6) Buy extra batteries before you go. Always have at least 2 extra spare. The battery will run down fast, especially at night. You don't have time to run back to the hotel and re-charge your batteries. I personnally carry 4 with me at all times!

7) Get a couple of filters to bring with you. a) Polorize Filter b) UV filter c) Closeup Ring, bare minimum. There a few shots you will like to use it with.

8) MOST IMPORTANT, have fun!!!

smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 2:45 PM   #5

I'll post some picture of Disneyland when i get a chance. I post them before so if you do a search you could see some.
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 8:09 PM   #6

We Welcome You To - DISNEYWORLD - Here in Florida !!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 9:37 PM   #7

will....I thought you were in Outer Space:?::?::?:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 9:41 PM   #8

Hey junji98, I would like to offer my services as your baggage carrier, all exspences paid by you of course,......I've never been there..........hope you enjoy and bring back many photos us to see.

Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 9:58 PM   #9

junji98 wrote:
Quote:
i'm going to disneyland any tips?
pack sandwiches.

Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:12 PM   #10

1. Pack your own snacks and bring a refillable water bottle - or a wallet full of 20's$ (which will be empty at the end of each day).

2. Practice with available light techniques, you won't always be able to use flash.

3. Watch out for the sixteen hour day at Disney temper tantrum effect, it is not a pretty sight.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote