Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 1, 2005, 2:48 PM   #1

Just an FYI;

I found a supplier for the Raynox PFR-P20, price includes the RT 5264P adapter which, brings the end of the lens when extended where it should be in relation to the protective filter to prevent flare, the protection filter itself and, the lens cap. Price is $34.50 plus shipping which was $3.85 in my case.

If you want the PLP-P20 which also includes the linear polarizer. It's $62.50 plus shipping.

Reason I am mentioning this is that most of the sources I seem to have found (which were also out of stock) for this item were outside of the USA. This supplier in South Dakota.

Here's the info:
Don J Parsons, (605) 348-0937, 2808 Eden Ln, Rapid City, SD 57703
You can call direct to order or, write an email to:
[email protected]

You can leave the item on all of the time to protect the Leica lens. I was told by "Don" that it should take about 3 days to arrive.

Hope this helps...
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2005, 3:20 PM   #2

Here's a reputable company with the Raynox PLP-P20 setup including polarizer for $50. And most people already know about lens protection.:?

http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...ay-plpp20.html
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:47 PM   #3

RedHouse wrote:
Quote:
Here's a reputable company with the Raynox PLP-P20 setup including polarizer for $50. And most people already know about lens protection.:?

http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...ay-plpp20.html
Ordered mine end of last week from bugeyedigital.. they said it shipped but has not arrived yet (they were out of stock for a couple days) Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:58 PM   #4

It figures...I wish I had known about this one yesterday,
only ones I could find were in China and they were out of stock.

Oh well...isn't the first time I paid too much for something....probably wont be the last either...(:

Thanks for the update....
Old Mar 1, 2005, 7:09 PM   #5

ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
Ordered mine end of last week from bugeyedigital.. they said it shipped but has not arrived yet (they were out of stock for a couple days) Gerry

bugeyedigitalis an excellent if somewhat quirky distributor. They use a pdf email attachmentfor the receipt. If you got that, you should getthe merchandisesoon. If you didn't get that, you maystill getthe merchandisesoon.Theyfrequently are out of stock withoutindicating that on their web site.They get an order and they place an order to somwhere and generally get immediate dispersel of goods from same somewhere. It just takes a couple of more days than the web site might suggest. Then again, there may be no delay at all. They may email you immediately, or not, saying that they are out of stock. You may not find out until you call them.They're cute that way. Very nice on the phone and happy to discuss anything includingthe attributes of any adapter or lens.

Btw, static, your avatar strikes fear and lothing in my heart. Was that taken with an fz camera? Nice shot!

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 9:42 PM   #6

fmoore:

I guess I'm kind of glad now that I ordered from the place I posted. He too was a nice old guy that runs a small business. He just sent me an email telling me that it was on the way and, asked that I send him one back when I receive it so he will know that I got it OK. Customer appreciation.....something that sadly seems to have vanished these days.

On the picture...no...not taken with my FZ20, it's was taken about 5 years ago with an Olympus XA. I retired from the force in 2000 after 24 fun filled years in law enforcement. Feel sorry for anybody just getting into that line of work as a rookie...world has changed tons since the days when I started in 1976. And not for the good.