Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:05 PM   #11

Can spring be near? Don't ask me-we just got 8" of the white stuff and 2 kids without school(there is always ps2 for them and gin for me haha)

Willow really like your pics-think I like #3 best-more red color and like the background too!!Robins should be up here in about a month.

Happy:|,

norma
chopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 2:13 PM   #12

Snow??? Sorry to hear that, we are looking for 75ยบ and tons of sunshine... Ahh yes, those good old days in the midwest...I miss them about as much as my appendix ...:blah:
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 4:30 PM   #13

I really like the snow-except after it turns "ugly" all trampled and dirty. It sure beats our early spring here in farm country,MI,then everything is muddy-yeck!!

Don,t get me wrong would love to be in the warm weather but I sure would miss the fall season-love the colors and Indian summer.

Happy :|,

norma

Static-comparing snow to your appendix, You must miss snow a little or you would have compared it to hemmoroids or a boil:blah:
Old Mar 2, 2005, 8:19 PM   #14

thx guys ....and no snow in the forecast here l0l...never really.....I like to go to the snow instead of it coming to me:G
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:11 AM   #15

willow1:

Well...never had "roids" or a boil so....only thing in life
I can compare to how much I hated snow was my appendix..(:

I guess even I have to admit that it was pretty right after a heavy snow but, as you said, after about 2 days worth of slush that came from the road crews laying down tons of salt, made it look pretty bad. To say nothing of that strange noise you would hear at night before you realized that it's just your car rusting. :-)

Where are you in Michigan? I relocated from just west of Detroit in 2000.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:10 PM   #16

Hi Static,

I am in the "thumb" area-remember Mi geography hold your right hand up with the palm facing you and I am at the tip of the thumb:-), Have been here for almost 13 years now. Am originally from Warren,MI a total eastsider. When I was a kid we would get a ton of snow much more than what we get now.

norma

is that you in the avator? Did you retire from the "force"? just noisy.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:56 PM   #17

Ehh chopper123:

Yeah....I remember the thumb....also remember Warren... grew up in Detroit then lived in Dearborn for about 26 years. Living in Arizona now.....haven't missed MI enough to go back since I left in 2000. Guess it would be kind of "fun" to go back and be in a snow storm again knowing that I could leave and go home but...other than that...I am happy here.

Never could see things like this in my old neighborhood. Got the mother and 3 cubs very early one morning...not the best quality but, considering it was only a 1.3mgpxl and she was not pleased that I was near her, not too bad. You have to look real close but, thanks to the flash, you can see the light reflecting off of the eyes from two cubs next to the mother and the 3rd towards the top of the drive.

On the pic...yes, it's me, I retired in 2000.
Attached Images

Old Mar 3, 2005, 3:39 PM   #18

Nice pics willow. But easy on the noise removal there
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 4:02 PM   #19

Oops willow...........tim does'nt like your PP
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 4:38 PM   #20

Hi Static,

The pic is sweet. Hope you where in your car when taking it:roll:. My family and I were in Arizona for about 2 1/2 weeks last June-really pretty. Did all the touristy things:Grand Canyon,Verde Railroad,Tucson,ghosttownes,and even into Mexico. We stayed in Fountain Hills. Very nice no big kitties but had our fair share of rabbits,road runners a few coyotes and 2 rattlesnakes.

norma