Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:32 AM   #1

A combination of red and green.
Attached Images

Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:06 PM   #2

Raghu,

I really like the color combination and the basic composition of this shot. I do notice it seems a little, soft, I think. Do you think you would have had a sharper image of the Hibiscus if you had used ISO 100 in stead of 80? It looks to me like you were shooting at 1/5 of a second. If this was handheld that is really a challenge to keep a still camera, at least for me it would be.

Perhaps you were not intending to get a very sharp image of the flower, but I am curious how it would have turned out with a shutter speed up around 1/30 or 1/60.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:30 PM   #3

Hibiscus...or shoe flower? atleast thats what they were called when i was a kid. My parents used to cut it up and fry it up in oil and apply it to our hair....yuck...lol...its supposed to provide added nutrients for your scalp.

seth (parachute oil)
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 7:15 PM   #4

bmccoy wrote:
Quote:
It looks to me like you were shooting at 1/5 of a second. If this was handheld that is really a challenge to keep a still camera, at least for me it would be.
Thanks Brett, for your opinion and for the tip. Yes, I now feel ISO 100 or 200 would have made it sharper - it just didn't occur to me at the time of shooting. It was early in the morning and I had to leave for work, so I had very little time available. I could seeon the lcd that increasing shutter speed resulted in further deterioration in lighting and so I had to shoot it at 1/5 secs, and handheld, yes. I am glad you like this.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 8:03 PM   #5

EXIF shows f4 , 1/20 sec. Maybe use f2.8 to increase shutter speed and keep ISO low.
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 10:11 PM   #6

Thanks, Redhouse. Brett, pl note I have used 1/20, not 1/5. The fact remains that I didfind it difficult to hold the camera steady to click this shot. Setting at f2.8 may have also helped. Let me try again.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 10:23 PM   #7

RedHouse wrote:
Quote:
EXIF shows f4 , 1/20 sec. Maybe use f2.8 to increase shutter speed and keep ISO low.
Now I'm confused. I used the Exif Viewer and the shutter speed line shows 1/5.0s, but when I look at the Exif information in PSP9 or even windows explorer it shows the 1/20 just as you have said. :?

Am I not reading the Exif Viewer information correctly? Obviously seeing as how both PSP9 and explorer show 1/20th that was the exposure. What does the shutter speed line of 1/5.0s mean? :?

Thanks,

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:51 AM   #8

I don't know. Use this

http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/index.html
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote