Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:19 AM   #1

Hi all, yesterday I finallygot my Raynox DCR-250 macro lens and the 5264 adapter andthis afternoon I did some photos.What do you think? All comments are welcome..
Attached Images

trus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:56 AM   #2

I really think that 250 lens is hard to use but I am not much of a photographer.

Maybe I can offer some help (maybe not) set the aperture at F8 and 12X zoom and continuous autofocus turned off. Get the camera about a foot away from the subject and move the camera closer or futher away slowlyuntill the subject jumps into focus.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 1:41 PM   #3

it's about a five inch focus on the dcr250 start there then adjust the manual focus ring if you are using a tripod ..if handheld move the camera in and out till it's focused
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:23 AM   #4

Thanks for your comments..
trus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:02 AM   #5

I've also gort Raynox DCR-250 a few days ago and have taken some test shots. I totally agree that it's rather difficult to focus it perfectly on an object. But as to me the main problem is a short DoF on the long end of zoom. Below are two shots which were taken from the same distance using FZ-20 built-in flash. The camera was on the tripod. Auto-focus mode.

1 f = 24 mm.

2. f = 72 mm

But any way DCR-250 is a great lens with a lot of advantages.
Attached Images

Diprivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:45 AM   #6

The Diopter strenght on the Raynox 250 is really impressive.....my Nikon 4T is also a great close-up lens, but I can not focus at shorter distanceof 25 cms from the object at full zoom (12X)

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:46 PM   #7

I think the Raynox 250 is a wonderful piece of optics. It falls short because of its 49mm mount requiring a snap on gizmo, which move it away from the front element. Anybody have a 49mm adapter, not a step rings an adapter? I think the DOF would increase and the performance would be outstanding.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:50 AM   #8

I'm using Raynox RT5264P adapter. As it is written in manual this adapter provides the minimum distance betweenthe front element of camera lens and DCR-250. May be it's not right.

Thnaks.
Diprivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:54 AM   #9

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
I think the Raynox 250 is a wonderful piece of optics. It falls short because of its 49mm mount requiring a snap on gizmo, which move it away from the front element. Anybody have a 49mm adapter, not a step rings an adapter? I think the DOF would increase and the performance would be outstanding.
The dcr250 has 43mm rear threads and 49mm front. The spring-loaded snap-on adapter (fits 52mm-67mm diameters) accepts the 43mm threads and it really gets the 250 close to the extended lens; closer than a step ring - ~1mm. There is actually enough of a lip on the fz20 extended lens (no tube adapter) toaccept the snap-on. That will put the 250 as close to the camera lens as you can possible get without touching. Just be careful to set the sleep mode off so the lens wont unexpectedly retract with the 250 adapter attached.

Btw, raynox also has the dcr150 +4 diopter macro lens (250 is +8). Same exact setup.

That's plus eight diopter. How the hell do you turn these stupid emoticons off?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:25 PM   #10

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
The dcr250 has 43mm rear threads and 49mm front. The spring-loaded snap-on adapter (fits 52mm-67mm diameters) accepts the 43mm threads and it really gets the 250 close to the extended lens; closer than a step ring - ~1mm. There is actually enough of a lip on the fz20 extended lens (no tube adapter) toaccept the snap-on. That will put the 250 as close to the camera lens as you can possible get without touching. Just be careful to set the sleep mode off so the lens wont unexpectedly retract with the 250 adapter attached.

Btw, raynox also has the dcr150 +4 diopter macro lens (250 is +. Same exact setup.

That's plus eight diopter. How the heck do you turn these stupid emoticons off?
Thank you for the correcting on the MM. Are you saying that the rear element of the DCR250 fits flush with the inside of the spring load mechasim? If so I stand corrected on both points.

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote