Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:47 PM   #1

Hi all, hope someone can help me here.

I have created aslideshow using the supplied software Photobase 4.5 with images from my FZ3.

When the vcd is viewed on the 42" plasma tv via the dvd player the images appear blurred/out of focus. This also happens using a 32" crt TV and different dvd player. When played on the pcthe slideshowimages appear as goodthe originals.

Has this anything to do with the format that I took them in, as in the picture size setting, does it need to be HDTV. The setting used was 2016.

Any idea`s appriciated.
mmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:34 AM   #2

Astandard NTSC (USA) tv monitor can display about 480 x 440 dots (pixels). As you can see, this definition is lower than any PC monitor.When displaying even any word documenton a TV instead of a PC monitor, the words appear "blurred" due to theless definition. Same occurs with your slides.

My personal recomendation is you rezise the picts to this size using Irfanview or PS, for minimizing the quality loss in the TV. It probably happen, I have never done that.

The best way to show slides with more resolution is using a PC projector.

msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:35 AM   #3

Oops, duplicated post
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 2:14 PM   #4

Having made "3D" slideshows for our school, I can say that you will never be saisfied using VCD or SVCD format to view on a TV. The information just isn't there to be displayed. Best to buy some DVD authoring software, use pictures around 850 pixels by whatever (using whatever ratios 'fit' your TV viewing (4:3 or 16:9 ?) and then change it into DVD format. Decent authoring and 'movie'software can be had for $80 or less. Further information can be obtained online regarding this, just do asearch. Good luck!And remember that changing and authoring to DVD format takes aLOT of computer power (and disc space!), time, and general 'fiddling'. You'll be much happier with the results however. The only other option is to make slideshows for computer viewing only.
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 3:48 PM   #5

Thanks for all the reply`s.

I have since done the same slide show using the Finepix software and this works without any problems. Problem is its a lot more awkward to use and when adding a sound track it does not fit the viewing of the pictures to the length of track put down.

What is the differance of the two pieces of software, where one views ok and one does not. (I am confused)
mmrb is offline   Reply With Quote