Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:50 AM   #11

Great pictures, Guaz! I love the way the FZ20 photographs flowers, and where were you, a Buddhist temple/monastery?
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:56 AM   #12

Thanks Nancy.

It's my secret retreat in Hokkaido:G:G:G

Actually it's the Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco.

The cherry blossoms should be in full bloom in the next 2 weeks. If it's not raining I'll go back for a re-shoot.

guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 1:44 AM   #13

I love cherry blossoms we have some here, but the flowers only stay on the trees for a couple of weeks. I really enjoyed your photos, which camera did you have b4 the FZ20 and how do you like it compared to your other one?
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 1:59 AM   #14

The fz20 is my first digital camera. My previous cameras are all 35mm - Nikon F2 Photomic, Pentax Me Super SE and and old old Fujica V2 w/range-finder which still takes great pictures.

I love the idea of not having to develop the film to see what you shot. + the incredible zoom of the fz20 allows me to travel light. No more messing with all those extra lenses. Well almost, I've decides to get a TCON 14B and Nikon 6t, but it's still a much lighter package.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:26 PM   #15

I just love Japanese Gardens - if it wasn;t raining non stop in SF when I was there in January I would loved to have gone to see this one. If you ever get the chance go to the Japanese garden in Portland, Or - its absolutey stunning although the house there in SF is definetly better- 5 different garden styles tea garden, zen, etc and all over looking the city.. just so peacful who needs drugs!?

Here's a little pic I took in Portland last year before i got the FZ. I've got some new ones taken with the FZ from this year but I need to dig those out.

Thanks for sharing those pics.

Harj
Attached Images

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:38 PM   #16

Harj, thanks for the tip on the gardens in Portland. Judging from your picture that section of the garden looks more rural and less structured. The S.F. garden is so compact that pretty much every square inch is traditionally manicured. Nice picture BTW.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 2:26 AM   #17

Beautiful shots, well composed, rich colors. Great Job, Guaz!

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote