Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 8, 2005, 1:58 PM   #11

Good tips. don't forget the Raynox 2.2x teleconverter DCR-2020 PRO and the 0.66 wide angle converter DCR-6600 PRO. Great products at low cost.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 6:33 PM   #12

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Good tips. don't forget the Raynox 2.2x teleconverter DCR-2020 PRO and the 0.66 wide angle converter DCR-6600 PRO. Great products at low cost.
The dcr2020 is a pretty heavy tele lens as is the tcon17. They will probably require a metal adapter. The adapter supplied with the fz5 is plastic and those threads will wear out with alot ofuse. The dcr6600 wide angle converter is lighter and will most likely be ok with the stock fz5 adapter.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 5:44 PM   #13

Just thought I'd jump in to say I bit the bullet and ordered a silver (I know, I know) FZ5 from ritz camera. I paid the full $499 and it should be delivered on Wednesday next.

Thank all of you very much for the various lens information, it will come in handy when I get a feel for the camera and I am adept enough to expand on its capabilities.

Since it is spring and the Boston Harbor Seals make their way into Boston via the Cape Cod Canal, I am hoping to get a chance to finally capture the phenomenon next week. I hope some of the pictures can be posted here w/o much embarrassment.

Did I say how excited I am about this camera???!!!
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 6:40 PM   #14

I bought mine on eBay too. I was rather nervous doing it as it came from Hong Kong! But it was the real deal. Made in Japan.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...506416862&rd=1

These guys were excellent (and still are) with communication with you. All through the purchase I was kept informed...and there is a 2 year warranty to boot.
They are also replacing the SD card I ordered from them in the package as it is faulty.
I was most pleasantly surprised by the sale and after care.
Their service is very fast too. Only hindered by Easter Bank holidays which slowed our postal service....
Because of the faulty SD card though I ended up ordering another one from Amazon but I don't mind as I need 1gb anyway!
So far I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with FZ5. I had some problems as a newbie with the lens hood purely out of my own stupidity to actually read the manual correctly but I was helped here in this forum and I am now ready to go on my holiday next week armed with my FZ5 and poised to take some great shots (I hope)!

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 7:35 PM   #15

Good for you! You were braver than I was... I wanted to order the one from Japan but I waited...and missed an occasion where I wished I had the camera.

Ritz is good, I hated paying the full price but I really wanted silver and it seems that silver is backordered aroundthe US(there isn't even any on e-bay since the guy from Japan sold out of his stock) although black seems to be around in good quantity- late May or early June delivery if you order a silver FZ5from amazon.

Have a great holiday and thanks for posting your satisfaction on the FZ5... this is my first camera costing over a couple of hundred dollars (CanonSD200 is what weown)and I am really looking forward to havinga lot of fun withit.
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote