Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:33 PM   #21

Circe wrote:
Quote:
A similar device is being used in a new illegal video taping practice called "skirting". The mirror, cameraattached, is beamed up a woman's skirt from the ground.I must remember to wear skirts more often...
Beam me up, Scotty! I didn' know that was illegal (or new). Thanks for the heads-up.:O

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 2:41 AM   #22

That right angle spy scope would be great for candids!!!!does this spy scope fit with the FZ20?? :!:
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 7:49 AM   #23

Wombat wrote:
Quote:
That right angle spy scope would be great for candids!!!!does this spy scope fit with the FZ20?? :!:
Comes in 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:22 PM   #24

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
DynamoHum wrote:
Quote:
Hey Fred, what is that thing a homemade swivel LCD?
It's a folding mirror.One regular - one magnified. Dollar store. I'm holding the magnified one pressed against the bottom of the fz1. The image is upside down, so dont smoke too much. Or maybe more.

That's interesting. I thought of using something like that for macro shots of insects, when I'm holding the camera near the ground.
Stoney79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:10 PM   #25

John

I like that shot - I haven't got the nerve to get even that close and take a pic like that.

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 2:54 PM   #26

How about people who wear glasses, do you use EVF or LCD?

I wear glasses and find it's difficult to use EVF.

skyrocketfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 3:21 PM   #27

I've only had my FZ20 for a couple of days and I love the EVF! I came from an ultracompact point-and-shoot, so I was used to using the LCD, and naturally that was my first inclination with the FZ20. After just a few minutes of using it however, I'm instinctively pulling it to my eye.

I think this is for a couple of reasons. One, already mentioned, is that you get a more stable position and shot when holding it this way. It is also very clear, and can be easier to see if there is too much light shining on the rear LCD.

Also, I love the placement of the EVF on the FZ20, because it allows for a neat trick I discovered: I look through the EVF with my right eye (of course), and keep both eyes open wile framing/shooting the shot! I realize the natural tendancy is to close the left eye so you are only seeing through the EVF, but if you keep both eyes open you can get a sort of "double overlay" view of the target.

This is fantastic, especially for ultra-zoom, because sometimes at maximum tele it's hard to pinpoint a specific subject (i.e. - small bird, or distant person), in the EVF because the camera is moving. With both eyes open, your left eye allows you to keep the camera aimed in the exact direction of the subject, and your right eye can pinpoint the target - simultaneously!

It sounds a little odd/backwards, I know, but try it for yourself. Your eyes and brain work together simultaneously to help you frame those long-distance shots extremely quickly!
sprocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 3:22 PM   #28

I wear glasses and use the EVF for my macros.
All pictures are handheld, so you need stability.
It´s a shame but I still use the wrong eye- the nose still pressed against the lcd....
But I need an eye-piece because of the distance to the EVF.
Genece talked of this one and it´s great!
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=13290466
You have to modify this part. It needs an asymetric shape - the upper and the left part must be larger, you will not need the lower and the right part.

fmoore! I miss the series VII adapter for the spyscope - we need closeups....
seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 5:16 PM   #29

skyrocketfw wrote:
Quote:
How about people who wear glasses, do you use EVF or LCD?
I too wear glasses but prefer the EVF (from old SLR background). Use the Nikon AE1 eye-cup and have my glasses hanging round my neck on one of those cord things. Lovelife does the sameI seem to remember.

Ian
Ian48Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 5:42 PM   #30

I wear glasses and use EVF almost all the time--including review, especially in bright light...but also because I might be needing bifocals! I just like to zoom right in and double check clarity, make sure eyes are open etc., and find the EVF is easier to use for this.

I haven't tried an eyecup yet, the EVF frame seems good enough, butI have an AE-1 like DynamoHum so I might give that a try.
pmjwright is offline   Reply With Quote