Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 8, 2005, 2:36 AM   #31

BTW, you have excellent control over your night shots. I've not tried any yet. Any pointers?
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 12:25 PM   #32

Definitely use a tripod. Play with the exposure. In well lit areas, 1/4 or even 1/8 of a second could be sufficient. I tried the Night exposure mode, and found that it does a great job on the automatic exposure. However, it seems to throw off the white balance toward reddish. So I went back to manual exposure where I could control the WB. Also, don't go beyond ISO 100 to avoid noise, unless you do handheld shots. And use the 2 second delayto avoid shake from pushing the exposure button, even on the tripod. Hope that helps.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 9:20 PM   #33

Thanks for the tips rduve. One of the things I loved using this last Sunday was the remote. I liked having the same functions of the camera shutter button on the wire control. No chance of transmitting vibrations
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:24 PM   #34

I don't have the remote. Or is it still in my box? Is it optional or standard?
Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:33 AM   #35
GJ

I think your shots are pretty amazing. I have had my new FZ20 less than two weeks and I'll tell you, I wish I could shoot half this well. I have a long way to go to achieve what you have captured here. Love the shots of the mountains and the leaf with the dew and of course, the busy bee.

These were excellent and worth my time peeping.

GJ
GJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:21 PM   #36

Thank you. Always nice to get some positive feedback. I am looking forward to take more shots over the weekend. I want to go out to Antelope Valley where the poppies are blooming now.

Have fun with your camera, study up on photography, play around with it, and you'll get some great results.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:29 PM   #37

rduve wrote:
Quote:
I don't have the remote. Or is it still in my box? Is it optional or standard?
Optional

Ian
Ian48Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:21 PM   #38

Thanks, I have realized that the remote is optional. I just ordered one for $15 from ebay, the Phayee model.

Anyway, here is another shot I forgot to post. More to follow after this weekend.

Attached Images

Old Mar 11, 2005, 7:41 PM   #39

Great shots. I am between the Nikon 8800 and the Fz20. These shots look so good I think you made up my mind for me. Price is so much better as well. What cards do you use for best results? or does it not matter. Thanks for the posts. rob
photo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 7:51 PM   #40

Thanks for the compliments. I know you will be happy with your choice. These shots also make crystal clear 13x19 prints on my Canon i9900 printer.

I started out using a Sandisk 128MB SD card that I still had from a previous camera and it worked fine and fast, even in burst mode, although it was not a high speed card, I think.Yesterday Ireceived a Kingmax 512MB card with 66x speed (10MB/sec) that I bought for under $40 at Newegg.com. I still have to try it out to see if I can tell a real difference. Hopefully the read speed will also be noticably faster, since uploads to the computer were quite slow with the other card. Image quality is not affected whatsoever by the type of card you use. Only speed.