Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 8, 2005, 4:12 PM   #1

has anyone used the omni bounce accessory with the sunpak 383 on the fz20. i read it cuts back on effective flash range but may improve mid range to close up shots. don't know for sure. any cyber space feedback will be appreciated.
Prof.Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2005, 6:24 PM   #2

I use one on a 422D which is the same as a 383 on a FZ20. It works great to eliminate harsh light and shadows. Comes in handy when ceilings are too high or painted in colors other than white. I dig it, but I'm sure you'll hear from others with their own favs. Different strokes and all that.........................:arrow:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:09 PM   #3

I haven't used an omni bounce but I am currently testing another diffuser, the Lightsphere II, and so far I really like the results with my Sunpak 422D. I have another thread in the forum where I've posted some initial test comparison pictures. The Lightsphere is a bit pricier @~$40, and bulkier being globe-shaped, than some of the other diffusers on the market but so far I am a believer.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:25 PM   #4

thanks for the reply regarding the omni bounce nooner. this forum is interesting and informative. as an elder gentleman, it is neat to be able to communicate with others through out the world and cyber space. i am a native texan and my wife and i plan on retiring in about three years to the high country of north carolina, USA. would you tell me a little about yourself, your interests, family and where Outer Mongolia is located? Pardon my ignorance in geography but is this the mongolia near Russia?

since we both have fz20s, maybe this post won't be censored.

kind regards,

Joe Monroe aka Prof.Joe
Prof.Joe is offline   Reply With Quote