Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 8, 2005, 5:15 PM   #1

Recently read a news about a new launch of DMC-FZ4. It has same specs as that of DMC-FZ15 (4MP, 12X zoom, OIS etc etc) So wondering how this new camera is different from DMC-FZ15 which is an already established model. Can someone help me in understanding the difference between the two?
ajinkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2005, 5:22 PM   #2

ajinkya wrote:
Quote:
Recently read a news about a new launch of DMC-FZ4. It has same specs as that of DMC-FZ15 (4MP, 12X zoom, OIS etc etc) So wondering how this new camera is different from DMC-FZ15 which is an already established model. Can someone help me in understanding the difference between the two?
They've also recently announced the FZ5, a smaller version, a few less features than the FZ20.. Look up the threads on that one and I'm betting the differences in the FZ4 and FZ15 are similar.

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:06 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Where do i find the info. If you know some link, pls let me know.

From your reply it looks like, they ahve downgraded FZ15 to create FZ4 and FZ20 to create FZ5 (may be a cost cut).
ajinkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:36 PM   #4

Try here..

http://www2.panasonic.com/ under consumer products and hit the lumix link... They have all of them listed..

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:07 PM   #5

In a nut shell, the recently announced FZ4 and FZ5 are the 4mp and 5mpentriesin the smaller FZ series (FZ1/2/3). The FZ10/15/20 are larger cameras with larger lens.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:45 PM   #6

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote