Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 8, 2005, 5:20 PM   #1

Here is the first original
Attached Images

Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2005, 5:25 PM   #2

now the second.....done with 'Harry's Filters'
Attached Images

Old Mar 8, 2005, 6:38 PM   #3

Hazzarbone: Sorry but I think I'd chunk Harry's Filters away. Did not like that coloring at all. Very unnatural. What was it supposed to do? I've been doing this stuff for 40+ yrs and am not much of a filter guy but do have a couple I will be using more as time goes by. I have a FZ15K now and am getting familiar with it. Was a Nikon film guy most of my life. So this is a real change for me.

I wonder if most have the bad urges that I have...if I have the digital zoom in the On position...I tend to use it. That ruined a whole set of shots of a mother osprey and baby on the nest for me the other day. I wish I had just shot it at full extended optical zoom and then worked with that in Photoshop. I think I am going to have to turn off the digital zoom. It is a killer. Even with the IS on and a tripod it was fuzzy. Picture very degraded. Shot at ISO 64.

What setting do you set the AF on? I read and everything seems to say not to use the (what is it) the 9 step AF? Do you think the center focus would be best or the one where it is on either side of center? They say that is fastest for some odd reason. I do not understand that. Got a lot to learn at this old age. :?
BigTBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:05 PM   #4

I can't say I care much for Harry's effect either. This is what Power Retouche did with it.
Attached Images

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 9:41 PM   #5

BigTBird wrote:
Quote:
Hazzarbone: Sorry but I think I'd chunk Harry's Filters away. Did not like that coloring at all. Very unnatural. What was it supposed to do? I've been doing this stuff for 40+ yrs and am not much of a filter guy but do have a couple I will be using more as time goes by. I have a FZ15K now and am getting familiar with it. Was a Nikon film guy most of my life. So this is a real change for me.

I wonder if most have the bad urges that I have...if I have the digital zoom in the On position...I tend to use it. That ruined a whole set of shots of a mother osprey and baby on the nest for me the other day. I wish I had just shot it at full extended optical zoom and then worked with that in Photoshop. I think I am going to have to turn off the digital zoom. It is a killer. Even with the IS on and a tripod it was fuzzy. Picture very degraded. Shot at ISO 64.

What setting do you set the AF on? I read and everything seems to say not to use the (what is it) the 9 step AF? Do you think the center focus would be best or the one where it is on either side of center? They say that is fastest for some odd reason. I do not understand that. Got a lot to learn at this old age. :?
If you set up a thread and some pictures maybe we can help.

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 9:59 PM   #6

Delete Henry's filters from your system ASAP:!::arrow::arrow::shock:
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:12 PM   #7

Ok One and all, I was really just stuffing around and playing with pics and filters to see what they could do, as I was temporary stuck in the wheel-chair, I had to do something, I thought it looked rather interesting the way filters 'changed' the look of a rather dull photo.

BigTBird, I'm no expert either in photography or with digital enhancement as suggested by "LoveLife' stick up some pics and I'm sure many will come to your aid. only thing I do know is the digi-zoom does seem too but not always blows the image out.....the suggestion that was given when I first came here was to use my max optical zoom which is 12 but take the pic at the largest my camera is capable of then this allows one to 'crop' back to whatever you were taking.

Hazz