Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:54 AM   #11

that li'l fella must love to pose for the camera... beautiful angles! nice shooting!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 3:33 AM   #12

All Very Good:-). My personal preference number 3.

Thinks:idea: - must get a tele-adapter for my fz3, once I have learnt to use the built in lens properly!

One of the things I really enjoy about this forum is the shots of flora and fauna from all over the world. (I am in UK).

For example your foreign robins are amazing! So skinny and sleek! Our robins are small, round and bouncy-looking.
alandavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:31 AM   #13

Absolutely crystal clear pics too!
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:25 PM   #14

smac wrote:
Quote:
It was one of the clearest days in the Central Valley I've seen for awhile. I went to the refuge knowing that most of the waterfowl have headed back up north. This young Red Tail Hawk was just sunning on the refuge sign. So I clicked off a few shots. Here they are.

smac
I would like to know if you could accept an opinion that is not positive and you will not take my head off.

:bye:
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:43 PM   #15

Fire away.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:15 PM   #16

I like the first one, I read the sign and see that eagle just saying "pass the sign and your eyes will be mine!" :G
kiwi133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:57 PM   #17

smac wrote:
Quote:
Fire away.
This is my subjective opinion and I hope you will take it that way. I do not know what lens was used and do not want to know. It is the overall impression I get from the pictures. I wanted to comment because I do like the pictures and think they can be better. I expect to get my head ripped off by all the people that think they are wonderful. However, what good is it if everyone goes around saying wonderful things. How will any of us learn?

All pictures show good color and saturation.

#1- I like the composition but the subject does not appear to be sharp. It looks like PP blurring was used.

#2- I like the composition but the subject does not appear to be sharp. It looks like PP blurring was used.

#3- The composition is good. The subject is sharp but the outline appears too sharp and has no dimension. It looks like PP blurring was used

#4- The subject is sharp but the outline appears too sharp and has no dimension. It looks like PP blurring was used. I find the clipped feet and feathers distracting.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:58 PM   #18

Darn, I thought you were going to be real nasty and I could retaliate. (just kidding)
However, I tend to agree with every one of your observations.
I never said the pictures were perfect. I was aware that the blurriness was there and I tried to correct as much of it as I could without making the pictures look totally overprocessed.
The one thing that you didn't mention that I picked up on was the pastel/watercolor look of the background. It was a pretty splash of colors but it doesn't quite look real to me.
Still, imperfect as they are, I felt that I would like to share them with others that don't have the wonderful fortune of being as close to the variety of wildlife that I do. (I hope that sentence worked.)
I love nature, I love birds, I love the fact that I can drive 30 minutes or less and see things that most people will never have the opportunity, or maybe more accurately, never take the time to see,

I appreciate you taking the time to look at my pictures. I also thank you for offering your thoughts about how they could be improved.
I don't post them for self-gratification. I post them because, I like them, and I hope others will see some of the beauty and wonder of nature. But, if they don't, I'll live. It's just a hobby that makes me smile.

Thanks, and please feel free to comment anytime on any facet of my photography. I hope I left your head intact.
I think if you look back you'll find that I have never reacted negatively to any critiques of my pictures. Others might have had some pretty strong words but I don't think I have. If I did, than I appologize. Just check out my avatar, I'm a very mellow guy.

smac
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:20 AM   #19

I appreciate the sprit in which you accepted my criticism. I post picture because I like them and hope others will to. Unfortunately, the people on the forum are not wild about museums. Some of my threads go sailing thru without comment. It sometimes depresses me since I try hard to make them unique. The weather is getting better and I hope we have seen the last of the snow in NY. Maybe I will go to the bird sanctuary and try my luck.

http://lovelife.smugmug.com/
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:33 AM   #20

You have a very nice gallery. You obviously have a love of photography. Thanks for the link. I will definitely return to your gallery and check out your work from time to time.