Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 9, 2005, 4:50 PM   #21

beernutz wrote:
Quote:
I would like to surprise my family by taking a large family portrait this Easter and have it blown up to 20x30 and framed as a gift to my mom with 8x10s made for each family as a gift.* I expect there will be close to 30 people in the shot and I would also expect it will be indoors in a high ceilinged room.* I have a tripod (old velbon) and a Sunpak 422D with a Lightsphere II diffuser that I plan on using with my FZ-20.*

Does anyone have any tips on organizing and shooting this beast?* Any help at all is much appreciated.
This is where I would dig out my trusty Raynox DCR 6600 Wide Angle adapter, and get a nice 23mm focal length.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:04 PM   #22

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
beernutz wrote:
Quote:
I would like to surprise my family by taking a large family portrait this Easter and have it blown up to 20x30 and framed as a gift to my mom with 8x10s made for each family as a gift. I expect there will be close to 30 people in the shot and I would also expect it will be indoors in a high ceilinged room. I have a tripod (old velbon) and a Sunpak 422D with a Lightsphere II diffuser that I plan on using with my FZ-20.

Does anyone have any tips on organizing and shooting this beast? Any help at all is much appreciated.
This is where I would dig out my trusty Raynox DCR 6600 Wide Angle adapter, and get a nice 23mm focal length.
Hi Nick, This was mentioned.

You missed my last of the Met threads, if you want to look ckeck here.

ttp://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=50193&forum_id=23
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 3:47 PM   #23

I just wanted to thankeveryone who provided constructive advice for my group photo adventure. I decided to make the print at 20x16 and I've already printed off an 11x8.5 version of this picture and it looks pretty good.
Attached Images

beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 3:50 PM   #24

However, trying to get 17 people to agree on anything...
Attached Images

beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 4:22 PM   #25

beernutz wrote:
Quote:
I just wanted to thankeveryone who provided constructive advice for my group photo adventure. I decided to make the print at 20x16 and I've already printed off an 11x8.5 version of this picture and it looks pretty good.
Great idea and a wonderful picture.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 5:59 AM   #26

Nice shot - like the way you managed to group everyone without resorting to the normal layout. Any other shots you'd like to share ?

HArj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:31 AM   #27

best suggestion of course is to use a WA lens but you said you dont have one. me? i would go with taking a panoramic pic, why? because i did that for the school's girls tennis team and it came out awesome. 3 pics to get all the girls in with the coach on the side, got all of them and all the faces were fine. as long as you tell them that they need to hold their smiles for a minute or so they should be able to, and you just got to be ready to shoot, pan, shoot, pan, and so on till you have them all. get a fast card:-)
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 2:50 PM   #28

Max

Nice idea mate - never would have thought of that.

Cheers

harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote