Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 9, 2005, 3:06 PM   #1

I purchased an FZ3 at Circuit City in December. I still haven't recieved the promotional rebate of the camera bag and extra battery. I was wondering if others have experienced this long wait time (I am at 14 weeks and counting) or if I have a problem with the processing of the rebate. Does anyone know how to contact panasonic in regards to the rebate? It is not listed anymore on their website or on Circuit Cities website either. Thanks
kevinjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2005, 3:29 PM   #2

I got mine in about 5 weeks. Try this link:arrow:

http://www.acbrebate.com/Panasonic/

Google Panasonic rebates:idea:
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:29 PM   #3

DynamoHum wrote:
Quote:
I got mine in about 5 weeks. Try this link:arrow:

http://www.acbrebate.com/Panasonic/

Google Panasonic rebates:idea:
How nice it would be if it were only that simple. This rebate site does not appear to have any information about the promotion in question. I also sent in my rebate information, on 12-13-04. I have emailed panasonic several times and get the same tired answer. :evil:

"We received an overwhelming response on this promotion and we run out of stock very quickly.We are waiting for more stock to fulfill the claims we have pending since December."

I like many others hope that someday they will actually make good on offer. Until then all we can do is just be a pest about it.

For all those in the same boat, hang in there.

-Brett

P.S. the email address is on the rebate form, [email protected], that is the one I have been using. They do respond in a good time frame just not with anything helpful.

bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:33 PM   #4

No reason to be rude Brett. He was trying to help:arrow:
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:47 PM   #5

RedHouse wrote:
Quote:
No reason to be rude Brett. He was trying to help:arrow:
My comments were not intended to slam DynamoHum in any way, I had High hopes his link would provide me with some kind of status on my rebate unfortunately it did not. The rebate form even indicated that we should be able to track the status on-line, but I have not seen anyone who can provide a way/address to do it.

My frustration is with Panasonic, a Godzilla size company that somehow can't keep a simple battery in stock?

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 11:33 PM   #6

Did you ever get your rebate? I am still waiting on mine and frustrated as well.

Andrea
piperbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 9:43 AM   #7

I just got off the phone with Panasonic. I also bought my camera in December. They are now telling me it could be May or the following month before I receive my rebate. Julie in the Accessories Ordering Dept tells me Panasonic doesn't have any batteries to send out and also can not check on my rebate.

I've just emailed Circuit City about returning the Camera as the rebate has not been honored so by law the product can be returned.
happychap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 8:53 PM   #8

Finally arrived! I had mailed my paperwork on 12/8/04. The bag and battery finally arrived today (4/28/05). The bag is almost a joke -- way too small to be practical for the FZ-20. I was really only interested in the extra battery anyway, so I guess it was worth the wait.

Let's hope that Panasonic gets their act together before they make too many dissatisfied customers. Obviously, they must have seriously underestimated the demand for the camera.

Good luck to all of you still waiting. Keep the faith...
Timewarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:35 AM   #9

If the rebate ever arrives this will be the last Panasonic product I ever buy. If you search for Panasonic & rebate you will see they are a dishonest company. It will also be the last thing I purchase at Circuit City as they couldn't give a damn about their customers.
happychap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 12:45 PM   #10

happychap wrote:
Quote:
If the rebate ever arrives this will be the last Panasonic product I ever buy. If you search for Panasonic & rebate you will see they are a dishonest company. It will also be the last thing I purchase at Circuit City as they couldn't give a darn about their customers.
I'm still waiting on my bag and battery. Got tired of waiting on Panasonic to make good on the rebate months ago and bought a Lowepro camera bag to put my FZ20 in. At this point the only item I still have some interest in getting is the battery, and I am curious to see if Panasonic ever sends anything.

When we sent in the completed rebate forms our mailing info had to be added to a database somewhere. At the very least when Panasonic discovered that there would be a long delay in sending out the products to make good on their rebate offer they should have used that customer information to send out a brief letter apologizing for the delay. That small gesture could have gone a long way to show the buyers who just spent $500+ on a camera that Panasonic appreciated the purchase and valued these people as customers.
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote