Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:04 AM   #1

Took these at a park.

This was a very small hopper. Appreciate any critique.
1/500Sec, F8.0, ISO: 100

This is a black beetle (any one know the ID?) . It was on a leaf, by the grey walking track. Took it face on, and the grey background was the road. Appreciate any comments....Thanks!

1/80Sec, F6.5, ISO :50

All taken with Panasonic FZ10, Nikon 6T (+2.9)+Sigma Close up lens (+1.6), with bounce flash
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:27 AM   #2

Great shots,
I am curious, did you bounce an external flash or the internal? If external, was any reflector/diffuser used? Both shots are nice, the first might have a bit too much light but that is subjective.

I remember from my old biology course that there are more species of beetle than any other type of insect. I am no expert on beetles but I think that one is named Fred.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:03 AM   #3

Both are great shots......maybe not as impressive as another posts of yours....I prefer the second one.....It seems that bug is really tiny.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 3:51 PM   #4

Nice shots, though I agree with FZ10_user, not among your best ones.

Please excuse me if I use this thread for a question:

If I use FZ20 adaptor with the 6T alone (via a 72-62mm step down ring) is it possible that the magnification will not be as noticeable/effective as with Pemaraal/Phayee owing to the longer size of the FZ tube?

Ithought that the slightly longer distance between 6T and FZ lens might cause some more vignetting or perhaps worse quality, but not less amgnification.
Anyone Could give it a try?

Someone told me that with 6T and std adapter the magnification at 12x - 25cm is not much bigger than with the sole FZ20 in macro at 3cm.

thanks
Francesco
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 4:08 PM   #5

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Ithought that the slightly longer distance between 6T and FZ lens might cause some more vignetting or perhaps worse quality, but not less amgnification.
Anyone Could give it a try?
Neither Vignette norloss ofquality....the Nikon 4T or 6T matchs perfect with the FZ20 and with the Raynox RT5264P (52mm)

Quote:
Someone told me that with 6T and std adapter the magnification at 12x - 25cm is not much bigger than with the sole FZ20 in macro at 3cm.
hmmm...maybe at 1cm, but for me, there's a very significative difference....with the Nikon 4T you can use the built-in flash, which means better image quality and also steadier shots.

Regards,
fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 6:56 PM   #6

Thanks guys for the comments! And I agree that they are not that great.

pschooley1, I am using external flash and bounce with a homemade bounce card.
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote