Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:18 AM   #11

Dntouch wrote:
Quote:
Thank you .. I was looking in the E-cost website and they have ATP Secure cards (with 60X write speed) for 84.99 right now..

I will check out newegg.com

I have that fast ATP 1GB card and it works great. I think I paid around $85 for it too at zipzoomfly.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 3:07 PM   #12

JEDinNC wrote:
Quote:
squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
Newegg.com has Kingmax 1GB, 60x SD cards for $77.99, or $79.34 for the "platinum" version. both are in stock. i don't know what the difference is, but i have a Kingmax 512MB "platinum" card (~ $40 at Newegg) in my FZ20, and it works beautifully. very fast.

I have the same card as well. Works great and Newegg is one of the best in the business. I just wish they had a better selection of FZ's!
I got one of those Kingmax cards, too, in addition to an SD brand card (both 512). My only complaint about the Kingmax is thatI have to jiggle it around in order to get it into the camera. I can feel it sticking on something when I try to insert it.
mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 7:45 PM   #13

Like we say here in Miami, mucho gracias, for your replies. I didn`t have time today tostop at the stores to shop arond for a good high speed card. I did stop in at a local Best Buy store and bought a 512mb PNY standard that they had on sale for $40. That `ll be enough to handle my Daytona adventure tomorrow. They did have a 512 mb kingston for $80, but hopefully I can shop around locally next week and find it cheaper elsewhere. One way or another, I will have a high speed card whenIfly out to thehydroplane races next Thursday.:G

S`later,JH
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 8:17 PM   #14

PTB Stalker wrote:
Quote:
That `ll be enough to handle my Daytona adventure tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow. Post some pics!
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 9:14 PM   #15

PTB Stalker wrote:
Quote:
They did have a 512 mb kingston for $80, but hopefully I can shop around locally next week
One thing you may wish to consider, is that the 512 mb kingston high-speed SD card can also make a lovely chapeau. Simply fashion a length of ribbon on either end with velcro. I think a nice greenish-yellow would go perfectly. Then, tie it in a large lovely bow underneath you chin. It's one of the more formal memory card/chapeaus, so I would suggest wearing it at a formal event with a tux or nice conservative dark navy suit. With such an admirable chapeau as this, you're sure to be the envy of your particular social stratum.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:19 PM   #16

Why thank you Nick. That`s very considerate of you to suggest it as a personalgarnish. I would have never considered it before,and I willput some thought into it. I do indeed appreciate, and value,your opinions. Do have anice day.:G
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote