Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:32 PM   #1

I am looking for a really high speed ""1GB"" --SD-- card for my new (20 minute old) FZ20

Also If you have one or know where to get one let me know how much you paid and from who.

Thanks alot
Dntouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:44 PM   #2

Newegg.com has Kingmax 1GB, 60x SD cards for $77.99, or $79.34 for the "platinum" version. both are in stock. i don't know what the difference is, but i have a Kingmax 512MB "platinum" card (~ $40 at Newegg) in my FZ20, and it works beautifully. very fast.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:48 PM   #3

Thank you .. I was looking in the E-cost website and they have ATP Secure cards (with 60X write speed) for 84.99 right now..

I will check out newegg.com
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:40 PM   #4
scb

Another vote for the Kingmax at newegg.com!
scb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:30 PM   #5

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
Newegg.com has Kingmax 1GB, 60x SD cards for $77.99, or $79.34 for the "platinum" version. both are in stock. i don't know what the difference is, but i have a Kingmax 512MB "platinum" card (~ $40 at Newegg) in my FZ20, and it works beautifully. very fast.

I have the same card as well. Works great and Newegg is one of the best in the business. I just wish they had a better selection of FZ's!
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:35 PM   #6

Well i actually ended up getting (at least ordering) the "ATP 60X 1GB" from E-Cost.com

With the shipping that i needed it was less than newegg.com

Thanks for the heads up..

Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:21 AM   #7

I too am now the owner of a `20,....FINALLY!!! I just bought it tonight at the local Circuit City. The sign on the display model said $599. I talked to the sales guy and asked if he would match Circuit City web site price and he said he would. The price, with the auto rebate was $532, and tax, so I whipped outa credit card. It`s all mine now. I had been wanting the `20 for a long time, but I kept getting hit with unexpected bills for awhile.

I to have to get memory for the machine, ASAP. Any problems with the 1 gig San Disk brand. I can get that locally for $80. I also want to quickly get more battery as well as the Phayee adapter, UV filter, and a polarizer.

I need to get the SD card tomorrow because I`m heading up to Daytona, I live in Miami, early Saturday morning to shoot my favorite band, thePat Travers Band (PTB), at a bike week show. There will be about a jillion crazy bikers, and a jillion crazy bikes at that event. The band let`s me get on stage with them. A spare battery would be great to have on hand, but I can recharge on stage between sets. Any problem with re-charging a partially discharged battery.

Next weekend I`ll be at a motor boat race in Morgan City, Louisianna. MC is about 60 miles west of New Orleans. I used to be involved with boat racing many moons ago and an old friend called me up awhile ago and told me he bought a hull, prepped it, and MC is the place he`ll be getting it wet for the first time. I hope I don`t end up crewing for him, but I will if needed. I`d much rather play with my new toy, eat crawfish, and leer atwomen. A polarizing filter comes in handy sometimes around water.

I`ve been reading the manual for about 2 hours, while the battery was charging. I spent about 30 minutes with the fresh battery and thelittle SD card loaded. So far I`ve found the camera controls very intuitive. I took a few snapshots around the house and so far no major concerns. I`ll be studying again tomorrow night, hopefully with a good size memory card, and maybe another battery.

S`later, JH
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:30 AM   #8

PTB I would recommend 2 512MB 66X Kingmax cards. Trust me as you learn more about the camera the faster speed will come in handy. Also if possible hold off on purchasing additional stuff till you learn more...i don't know how familiar you are with photography...i am assuming that you are a total novice. Learn and then buy what you need as opposed to buying and then seeing if you need it.

my 2 cents

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:17 AM   #9

I have a 1GB SanDisk Extreme III bought at www.masmemoria .com (spanish website) for 126 € two months ago. I works perfect and very, very, very fast !!!

:|
guixers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:41 AM   #10

I used the Kingmax Platinum 512mb to squeeze off this sequence.

Attached Images

jhbaker3 is offline   Reply With Quote