Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:18 PM   #1

I just purchased my FZ20 and i will undoubtedly be getting as much for it as i can (teleconvertor, macro , battery, flash, etc.). What bags are you using to compliment all your stuff , if you are indeed carrying more than the average user.?

Dntouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:08 PM   #2

I currently have the Tamrac Velocity 5. It can be used as a shoulder bag or belt pack. This feature is important to me because I do some hiking and artifact hunting and its nice to be "hands free". As far as room is concerned, I keep my Phayee on all the time, I have room for my Hama (clone) hood, battery, polarizer, cables, and a few other odds and ends. I do not have an external flash yet, but I do believe I have room for it too. I know a lot of folks here are very pleased with the Nova AW series by Loweproas well. Try this link, has some great input and photos of the Nova:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

Good luck
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:19 PM   #3

Thanks .. Looks like i'm going shopping tomorrow.. A local store specializes in Lowepro Bags . I almost forgot about the store till you replied ..

Thanks again..

Much appreciated.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:28 PM   #4

Going to the store isa good idea IMO. It may be a good idea to take your camera along too and see how it fits. I took a chance and bought mine online. Mine is almost at capacity so as my collection of accessories grows, I'll probably be looking for another bag as well, using my current one for the essentials when I need to travel light. :?
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:54 PM   #5

The Lowepro Micro Trekker 100 is perfect for my FZ20 w/ its collapsible Hama Hood. Macro, UV, & Polarizer lens. A Wide Angle Lens, A telefoto lens, and extra battery. 3 SD cards, a cleaning kit, the sunpak 383, and still has place for 2 more lens...

Get this bag because everything has its own compartment and its better to go a little big than get the perfect size for now (because just about everyone will attest to the fact that sooner or later you end up buying more stuff...lol). Because you get to create different compartments even with empty compartments, the rest of the stuff is safely secured and doesn't move around. Keep in mind its about 1/3 the size of a regular backpack...don't let the shape fool you into thinking its huge.

Cost me $39.99 on Ebay...brand new. In the stores its usually listed for about $69.99.

hope this helps

seth
Attached Images

indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:58 PM   #6

Help very much.. Mostly because I kinda glanced over that item in the Lowe pro site and mostly because of the shape (i thought it was a standard backpack).

"Ala" Micro (just what the name would imply i guess)
Old Mar 11, 2005, 9:16 AM   #7
bls

I searched this forum for bag recommedations and then visited a local camera store that had a good selection of bags. I picked out about 5 bags that were either recommended here or that looked good and proceeded to load my stuff into each one.I wanted a bag as small as possible but would hold all the necessary stuff. It was the salesman that suggested a different bag that was popular with a lot of serious outdoor photographers. The Lowepro Photo Runner. I ended up purchasing it. I like it because it is narrow and fits to your side better, has tuck away waistband to secure it better for hiking, holds my new FZ20 w/phayee, Hama hood, flash, cables, etc.What sold me was it could easily be kept at your side while it was quickly accessedto pull out your camera.

I perhaps paid too much for it but I am quite happy with it after using it for a month.

Good luck!
bls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:52 PM   #8

There are several threads floating around the forum about this. I put my $.02 in on this one: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:09 AM   #9

Since I take it out in the canoe, a bag won't work. I use a 1400 Pelican Protector Case. It has room for the FZ20 with a Phayee adapter and the lens hood attached, along with spare cards, batteries, the GPS, cell phone, wallet and keys.

http://www.pelicanproducts.us/detailaspx39.html

Blue Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:27 AM   #10

That's a great case. I likeit a lot more than a soft case.And they'll monogram it too.

~SGB~
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote