Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 11, 2005, 1:42 PM   #1

Hello Everyone!
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone in this forum for a wealth of knowledge and beautiful pictures. I've been reading this forum for about 2 months now. The first month, I was trying to decide on buying an FZ or something else. I've mostly used point and shoot cams, but recently I've wanted to learn more. So I originally bought a Minolta Z2. Nice Camera, good pics, nice zoom, but as a newbie and not having any image stabilization, it was killing me. So, I decided on the FZ15, and I love it. My buddy tried to talk me out of buying it because he didn't think it could take good pics, and the ois probably doesn't work! But, after showing him some of the shots I took at the zoo, using full zoom on a lot of the shots, I made him a believer! Some of the pics quality wise, are better than others. Most of them don't have any PP other than cropping and some sharpening. I'm new to PP also, so I have a long way to go!! Please check out my zoo pics. All comments welcome.

Thanks again!
www.imageevent.com/kdxrider
kdxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:38 PM   #2

Welcome. Great start. They look good.
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 3:00 PM   #3

awesome pictures

cant wait till i go to the Miami Metro Zoo to take some pics with my FZ20:|
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 5:55 PM   #4

Good close shots
Love the way the peacock,(15) has been framed in
the shot, nice one.
OIS is definitely a huge plus, glad you are enjoying
your new camera
Gazza
Gazza-NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:27 PM   #5

Thanks for the comments guys!

I'm gonna try and take the kids to the Oakland Zoo this weekend. I hope I can get some good shots there, too.
kdxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:32 PM   #6

Nice show.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:37 PM   #7

some very nice shots from the zoo there... i especially liked the peacock with its tail fanned out. and one of those lion shots cracked me up... the cat's expression looked like it was about to sneeze... or maybe its cage-mate had just broken wind...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:40 PM   #8

kdxrider wrote:
Quote:
Hello Everyone!
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone in this forum for a wealth of knowledge and beautiful pictures. I've been reading this forum for about 2 months now. The first month, I was trying to decide on buying an FZ or something else. I've mostly used point and shoot cams, but recently I've wanted to learn more. So I originally bought a Minolta Z2. Nice Camera, good pics, nice zoom, but as a newbie and not having any image stabilization, it was killing me. So, I decided on the FZ15, and I love it. My buddy tried to talk me out of buying it because he didn't think it could take good pics, and the ois probably doesn't work! But, after showing him some of the shots I took at the zoo, using full zoom on a lot of the shots, I made him a believer! Some of the pics quality wise, are better than others. Most of them don't have any PP other than cropping and some sharpening. I'm new to PP also, so I have a long way to go!! Please check out my zoo pics. All comments welcome.

Thanks again!
http://www.imageevent.com/kdxrider
Above average for Zoo pictures.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2005, 12:38 PM   #9

I went from sony to fuji to minolta and now am VERY pleased with my fz15! It can't be beat for the price vs. feature vs. image quality. Keep posting.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:21 PM   #10

FZ15 does a fine job of captures and some of your shots are more than above average. Zoo shots or not.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote