Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 12, 2005, 8:41 PM   #1

I decided to give the FZ-15K a shakedown cruise yesterday down to the Gulf Coast in the Fla Panhandle. Mostly I learned what settings NOT to use. But think I got them worked out now after reading the manual again!:O Seems that when I clicked the shutter I was getting a frozen pix of what I wanted to take...but the shutter clicked a bit aftewards...and by then the subject or camera had moved and I had lots of shots of sticks and leaves and water...no subject. But the new settings seem to have fixed the problem. You know the old saying...when all else fails...read the manual. Well...I did but did not fully understand what I had read. I love the camera and will more so as time goes on. And at Wakulla Springs, Fl I met a fellow from NY that was carrying another FZ-15K and he loves it though he had not had his any longer than I have. So I may be posting a few more of these on here if I can get some worth posting. What do you think...am I getting close?
Attached Images

BigTBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2005, 3:05 AM   #2

Big T, I really like the picture, the blue heron is in great pose and I love the surroundings. I hope you don't mind metweaking your picturea little. I dida little cropping to create an offset. I alsoremoved the little distracting branch that's in front of the bird, allowing the eye to more directly focus on the subject. I also upped the contrast a little and brought down the brightness to give the picture a richer tone. What do you think?
Attached Images

guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 3:51 AM   #3

P.S. As you can see your picture also looks good cropped vertically.
Attached Images

guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 12:47 PM   #4

Quaz: I really like what you did removing the branch. I was going to try myself later but I am getting old and shaky and am not very good at it. I wonder if I sent you a large version of this pix if I could get you to do that removal job on it for me and sent it back? I'd like to make get a print made without the branch. If that is not asking too much please send me your email addr to> [email protected]

As for the coloring... I am getting like a little old lady who uses too much rouge! Takes more for these eyes to appreciate it. Your version is more like the original color before I tweaked it for MY eyes!:-) Please let me know as I really like what you did...and like the vertical. I did very little because I had so many photos to work with I was pretty tired and mostly just got them onto the computer. I just liked this one and wanted to share it. Thanks for your upgrade!
BigTBird is offline   Reply With Quote