Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 13, 2005, 6:26 PM   #1

I just bought my 20 this past Thursday and now I need to get my mitts on the Phayee filter adapter. How do I go about ordering said adapter?

I went to Daytona yesterday to catch my favorite rock band, check out biker week, and to try out my new toy. Traffic to and from Daytona was a nightmare. Even the band was late. The bike scene was fantabulous, but due to traffic concerns, I didn`t spend anywhereas much time as I had hoped. The bright spot of the day was the performance of the `20, and the band did dothere usual kick @$$ job.

After many, many moons of lugging 35mm gear around, the `20 was feather light. I have 3 badly damaged vertabrae in my neck, and the weight of the 35mm gear would cause problems after awhile. It sure is different using the EVF versus the 35mm VF. Frankly, I do much prefer the old 35mm VF. I did make numerous errors, like any newbie, withthe new camerabutthe camera performed as advertised.

Hat`s off to Steves Forums. Thanks to this site, and toall that post in the Pana section, I know I`ve made the right choice in going with the `20. I`ve got a lot of learning, and "practice, practice, practice", ahead of me with the `20, and digital fotograffy, in general.

One thing I did noticeabout the `20 was that it does not really like to be in front of 10 foot tall rock concert speakers. The EVF would have all kinds of white lines, andcolor shifting, going on and the situation would get worse the closer to the speakers I got. Still, the recorded pics came out just fine, though I do still to down size them.

Like it or don`t, I`ll still be checking in here, and posting,from time to time to see if I can pick up some good info, as I have already, on the`20. I`d be much obliged if anyone here could provide info on obtainingsaid Phayee adapter.
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2005, 6:59 PM   #2

Here you go:arrow:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=43441
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 7:17 PM   #3

nooner wrote:

I just got one by e-mailing Rong Jin telling him what I had and what I needed. He answered, told me the total (I got the better lens caps, both 72 & 62mm.) I paid by paypal after a confirmation from him of the order and had him Express Mail it to me (Indiana) instead of the 'slow boat' option. (That cost me about $17 instead of the usual shipping fee.) It did get to me in 5 business days as I was told. VERY EASY to work with and the quality is definitely great! Very satisfied. Regular shipping I think takes 10 business days, but I'm not sure.
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 6:05 PM   #4
jcr

Charlie46227 wrote:
Quote:
Regular shipping I think takes 10 business days, but I'm not sure.
I can assure you that mine arrived today, and was purchased on the 11 February...more than a month for the trip...I was crying for it...
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 6:54 PM   #5

jcr wrote:
Quote:
Charlie46227 wrote:
Quote:
I can assure you that mine arrived today, and was purchased on the 11 February...more than a month for the trip...I was crying for it...
Whooo !! I guess it does take a 'slow boat'! Express Mail definitely the better way. Glad I paid the extra. Then again, maybe someone else manufactures similar quality?
Old Mar 14, 2005, 6:59 PM   #6

I got mine express also. Way worth the $$......

Charlie if that's you in the avatar, I'd change it cause it looks out there dude.
:shock:
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 8:07 PM   #7

RedHouse wrote:
Quote:
I got mine express also. Way worth the $$......

Charlie if that's you in the avatar, I'd change it cause it looks out there dude.
:shock:
Naw. I use it for 'shock' value. Actually it was taken by my son (a 'self portrait') who just had to play with the camera when I first got it. He IS way out there, but has a good soul. 15 year old now. Very intelligent/creative. Hard to raise that kind without worrying constantly though.
I'm much scarier than that (picture that avatar 35 years older and with no hair) :evil: . But don't tell the others or I'll have to ...
Old Mar 14, 2005, 8:09 PM   #8

OOOOh..I'm scared
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:09 PM   #9

jcr wrote:
Quote:
Charlie46227 wrote:
Quote:
I think your shipment, like mine, probably got stalled by the Chinese New Year which essentially shuts down the entire country for more than a week.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:12 PM   #10

Thanks for the posts guys, I`ll get that adapter ASAP.
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote