Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 15, 2005, 2:48 PM   #1

Well last week I went and picked up a FZ20 at circuit city for $569 after tax. So far I am super impressed with the photos it takes. Beautiful absolutely beautiful!!!! But I got to thinking. So far all I have used is the auto mode and I wont be printing out anything bigger than 8X10 so do I really need the FZ20? Does the FZ3 take pics just as good? I mean seriously are they really as good as the pics from the FZ20? If they are I might return this FZ20 and get the FZ3 instead. What would you do if you were me?
ProStreetCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2005, 2:55 PM   #2

I would keep the 20. Gives you more room to play when your skills increase, or your photographic experiments take a new turn. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 2:55 PM   #3

since you already have the '20, you might as well keep it. the extra megapixels will let you crop an image if you want to, and still have enough pixels left for a nice 8x10, and the extra features like manual focus, hotshoe, etc., are things you may well discover you like, as you learn more about the camera and start using more of its capabilities. it's up to you, of course, but i'd rather buy more than i need right now, and know i can grow into it, than buy only what my immediate needs or wants dictate and then find a year or two later that i need to upgrade.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 3:03 PM   #4

True, I didnt really think about it like that. Very good points. I have another week to think about it. Might go to the lake tonight and get some good pics of a few ducks and some other wildlife. Hmmmm this is such a tough choice.
ProStreetCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 3:09 PM   #5

I've seen your posts now for too long in too many forums regarding which camera - even after you've made your purchase. You own the FZ20? Great. Good choice. Now get out there and take some pics.And stop second guessing your decision. Do you see anyone here that's disappointed with their FZ?

BTW, have you decided what you're having for lunch today? Oh, it's already 3 o'clock.
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 3:14 PM   #6

One thing to remember is CC will charge you a restocking fee.
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote