Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 16, 2005, 6:57 AM   #1

i was looking at buying the phayee adapter and on his auction ron jin also has the mcon40 and seeing as i want to get the oly tcon and wcon at some point, why not go with all three from olympus. now, is the mcon40 good enough to buy over the nikon 4t/6t? if not, then can you guys give me a link to where i can buy the nikon and tell me which one i should buy of the two. and also indicate any adapters that i might need besides the phayee. thanks:-)
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2005, 8:19 AM   #2

The mcon40 (bmacro in US) is quite comparable to the 4t/6t in quality and power. It has 55mm threads as do the tcon17 and wcon08/07. Does the phayee adapter come with a 55mm ring?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 1:06 PM   #3

Yes, is a great lens with a beautiful quality and 0 chromatic aberration. At 12x zoom 1,5:1 macro at 40cm sobject distance!!!!!! Excuse me for english.....:?
AUTOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 1:10 PM   #4

The Phayee adapter is 62mm, the Nikon 6T is 62mm...no adapter ring needed. If you go with the Oly you also need to order a 62-55mm step-down ring from Rong Jin.

I have the Phayee adapter and my future purchases will be the Nikon 6T and TCON 14B teleconverter + in the distant future the WCON 8B....all are 62mm thread.

So I guess it all depends on which teleconverter and WA lens you plan to use. For me it makes sense to keep them all the same (less things to add or remove) but that's just me. The less I have to fumble with when I'm out shooting the better.

guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 1:23 PM   #5

What is the difference between the Oly MCON-40 and Oly B-Macro? Is the only difference that the MCON-40 has a front thread? If it does have a front thread, can I stack my B-Macro on the MCON-40?

Thanks,
Steven
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 4:40 PM   #6

guaz wrote:
Quote:
The Phayee adapter is 62mm, the Nikon 6T is 62mm...no adapter ring needed. If you go with the Oly you also need to order a 62-55mm step-down ring from Rong Jin.

I have the Phayee adapter and my future purchases will be the Nikon 6T and TCON 14B teleconverter + in the distant future the WCON 8B....all are 62mm thread.

So I guess it all depends on which teleconverter and WA lens you plan to use. For me it makes sense to keep them all the same (less things to add or remove) but that's just me. The less I have to fumble with when I'm out shooting the better.

well that's what i wanted to hear. no stepdown ring needed is good. i dont want one. so i guess i'll go with the Nikon 6T and the tcon and then the wcon, as that's the priority they have for me:-)thanks. i guess i'll just get adapter from ron jin. since all those lenses are 62mm can i get a 62mm uv filter and a 62mm cap from ron jing and be sure they'll work with whichever lens i use?
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 7:19 PM   #7

When I ordered the Phayee I also ordered the 62mm lens cap with tether it works very well and was inexpensive. If you prefer to put it on the 72mm removable portion, Rong also has the 72mm size lens cap. But remember you will have to remove that section to take flash pictures with the built in flash, if you don't you'll get a shadow from the adapter's 72mm sectionat the bottom of your pictures. So if you have to put the camera down and want to cap it you'll have to screw the 72mm section back on. Moral of the story: Stick with the 62mm lens cap it works fine because it will attach to the adapter, 62mm filter or 6t. Hope that makes sense.

As for the UV filter, I decided to go for a real good one, "Hoya Super HMC Pro 1" remember, no matter how good of a lens you have - it's only as good as what you put in front of it. Just my 2 cents.
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 12:00 AM   #8

guaz wrote:
Quote:

Not only that but step rings degrade lens performance.

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote