Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:57 AM   #11

I went to one of our local camera stores that specializes in Panasonic and the salesman started telling me about all the materials I can and can't use, so I asked him, how about a sunglass cleaning bag and he said that should be fine and it seems to work great - cheap too(about 30 rand which is five dollars)
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:59 AM   #12

Thanks! I would try the distilled-water-with-a-drop-of-detergent tip. Hope it removes the fingerprints.. The photos don't seem to have any effect, do they jisaldi?

rameezrazzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 11:50 AM   #13

rameezrazzak wrote:
Quote:
Thanks! I would try the distilled-water-with-a-drop-of-detergent tip. Hope it removes the fingerprints.. The photos don't seem to have any effect, do they jsiladi?

In most cases, there won't be an affect. What can happen though is the fingerprints can etch themselves into the coatings and you'll never get them out. You do want to be careful about anyone touching the glass. This may be more true of older lenses with more sensitive coatings however. I've had a couple Rolleiflex twin lens cameras where finger prints were perminant residents on the lens surface.. For the most part, they affected little more than contrast. Even then, it was necassary to do a side by side compare to see it. In those cases, the problem can be mostly solved with a lens hood.

The best policy is to keep it clean. Something as simple as an air blower (one of those rubber ball types) can go a long way in removing dust. Beyond that you really shouldn't need to do much.. If you Can, it would be a good idea to put a UV filter on the camera. I think for the price of the 72mm that would be required with the stock adapter, you can buy another adapter and smaller filter (phayee and 62mm for example).

Re your photos, no I don't see anything obvious.. Being right on the surface of the lens, They are too close to the sensor to come into focus of any kind. If they are Really bad and you shoot directly into the sun, you may notice some hazing on the photos.. With the FZ however, I think you would see it on the screen..

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote