Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 16, 2005, 1:28 PM   #1

I took some pics of my race car today and it is very overcast with some filtered sun. This is how the pics turned out. Any help with pics taken on days like this would be great.

And here is a pic of some fake flowers taken yesterday when it was nice and sunny out.

ProStreetCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2005, 1:28 PM   #2

OMG they are much bigger than I thought. Sorry about that guys.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 4:25 PM   #3

Hey like the car...with the FZ, I'd set the EVF to -2/3 when your outside, that should fix it.

Harj

PS.

The pics are not too big.. just a little big.

:?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 5:29 PM   #4

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Hey like the car...with the FZ, I'd set the EVF to -2/3 when your outside, that should fix it.

Harj

PS.

The pics are not too big.. just a little big.

:?

I hate to sound really dumb but I am new to this whole photography thing. What is the EVF? I found two settings that let me set it to -2/3. One was flash and I forget what the other one was.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 5:52 PM   #5

It's ok to sound really dumb. But I just go right back to the owner's manual when I have a question. Then you won't be as dumb as you look. The guy that sold me my camera said the manual was an extra $100 ...or a date. I got him down to fifty and I paid for my own dinner. Now who's the dummy!

Do you know what I.R.O.C. stands for?
Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 6:01 PM   #6

Circe wrote:
Quote:
It's ok to sound really dumb. But I just go right back to the owner's manual when I have a question. Then you won't be as dumb as you look. The guy that sold me my camera said the manual was an extra $100 ...or a date. I got him down to fifty and I paid for my own dinner. Now who's the dummy!

Do you know what I.R.O.C. stands for?

IROC as in the camaro? International race of champions :blah:
Old Mar 16, 2005, 6:03 PM   #7

Italian Retard Out Cruising.
Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 12:43 AM   #8

considering the lighting, your pics came out quite nicely. actually, filtered light like that is better than bright sun... more even lighting, fewer harsh hot spots, and fewer distracting reflections. i think the car pics look better here than they would in bright sun.

race car,huh? looks like a '78... i see the street-legal slicks and the pump-on-the-fly air shock system... what's under the hood? 350? my ex used to have a '78 Z28... it was almost as fast as my '69 Dart! :G
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 1:39 AM   #9

Amazingly enough, professional photographers use as much if not more attention to the background when they take pictures. One of the most obvious rules is to avoid letting a background object not seem to grow out of the head of a person in the picture. Don´t be scared to look like a fool and move around your subject with the car in the center of the frame but pay attention to how it looks framed by stuff in the background. Of course you can even try to park the car near something that doesn´t say so much as brown grass and leafless bushes. Skeleton-ish looking trees though could make a nice kind of a shocking background to a nice looking car...... but don´t ask me...... the "avoid things from growing out of people´s heads" is the only rule I know! :?
gmosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 9:28 AM   #10

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
considering the lighting, your pics came out quite nicely. actually, filtered light like that is better than bright sun... more even lighting, fewer harsh hot spots, and fewer distracting reflections. i think the car pics look better here than they would in bright sun.

race car,huh? looks like a '78... i see the street-legal slicks and the pump-on-the-fly air shock system... what's under the hood? 350? my ex used to have a '78 Z28... it was almost as fast as my '69 Dart! :G
It is a 76 camaro. 77-81 have the plastic bumpers. What you see on the back isnt a pump for air shocks. It is a large fram racing fuel filter. It has a (built by me) 383 stroker motor with 13.5:1 compression with the best of the best parts in the motor. The motor is putting out close to 600 hp. You are right about the street legal slicks. I just got the car out of my cousins body and piant shop 2 months ago. It now has a complete fresh body and paint work. The color is amazing in the sun due to it being a pearl paint. I can not figure out how to make the pearl stand out in the pictures like it does in real life. In bright sun it is simply an amazing color. This car is mini tubbed and has ladder bar suspension and coil over shocks, 8 point roll cage and the whole 9 yards. It runs mid 10's at 126 mph in the 1/4 mile :Gand I drive it on the street some to shows and to cruise around. :G